Author Topic: Another video of the toys  (Read 13436 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Another video of the toys
« Reply #-1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:29:18 AM »
Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Why don't I make any more BBQ related videos? I can't even answer that myself, lol. I am long overdue. Maybe when the weather cools off considerably I'll do another.

Over the weekend, I recorded some footage of my son's car and my bike and made a video for him to share with his mustang club buddies. I took some drone footage but it wasn't very good so I ditched it. I used the footage from my helmet cam and stuck a cam on his bumper. I thought it would be neat to record him recording me, lol.

Here's a 4 minute video with about a good minute just sitting in traffic (super exciting!). It actually looks good on YouTube for a change. I encoded it at a very high bitrate in 4K so after they downsample and compress it, it still looks decent. Be sure to click the highest setting when you watch it. Even if your monitor doesn't do 4K, it'll scale it down and still look better than as if you natively chose 1080p.

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Another video of the toys
« on: August 01, 2018, 07:47:17 AM »
Very smooth video! I have a 4K monitor and the colors really popped from the bumper cam. Was that a GoPro on his bumper? The colors were awesome compared to your helmet cam.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 09:06:34 AM »
RG keep these videos coming...we have plenty of food videos .....This stuff is great
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:54:58 AM »
I wish i had the $$ for a set up like yours.  I could make a cooking video from different points :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 12:37:31 PM »
Very smooth video! I have a 4K monitor and the colors really popped from the bumper cam. Was that a GoPro on his bumper? The colors were awesome compared to your helmet cam.

The helmet was the GoPro, the bumper was the Sony. I tried to color correct the GoPro to match the Sony to no avail.

The GoPro is the Hero 6, it does a really nice job but overall I still say the Sony is better but marginally. The GoPro has some very cool features the Sony doesn't but when it comes to video, the Sony has an advantage. Also the GoPro mic is terrible. My $80.00 Akaso has a much better mic than the Hero 6.

The drone has very crisp video as well, I am pretty sure it uses a Sony sensor. If money were no object I'd get cams with 1" sensors but foir now I'm very happy with what I have.

I wish i had the $$ for a set up like yours.  I could make a cooking video from different points :thumbup:
I have 4 action cams, a drone, a pretty good dslr and a good phone cam. I also have lots of point and shoot cams, palm cams, 8mm, Mini-DV, on and on. I tend not to replace things but rather add to the collection, lol. With that said, I've not yet a shot a multi cam POV cooking session. Maybe I'll do one soon.

RG keep these videos coming...we have plenty of food videos .....This stuff is great
Well, I guess I can do that, lol! Maybe one day from a boat point of view?? Maybe. Not looking good at the present though  :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:13:22 PM by RG »
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!