Author Topic: Home Renovations??  (Read 16109 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Home Renovations??
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 01:25:41 PM »
RG you do great work...…...In fact I have a master bath that needs work hint hint lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2019, 01:37:38 PM »
Wow, did that turn out nice!!!  I am impressed.   :thumbup:
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »

I need to redo my deck, my wife wants me to tackle it. Not happening. A check will be written, that much I know :)

I'll come do your deck and you can come do my bathrooms.

Deal!

We can feed each other while we're at it! I always like eating other peoples cooking, lol! I may even have a few frosty adult beverages waiting on ya ;)

Yes......
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »
RG you do great work...…...In fact I have a master bath that needs work hint hint lol

Well, I can offer free online advice :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
Alright gents and a few ladies, I have been coerced into making my laundry room over for the second time. Years ago I bought a front loader set and took out the old standard washer and dryer (which cleaned clothes better BTW!). The layout of the old laundry room had the washer and dryer on the right wall as you entered the laundry room. It had a generic white double cabinet hung on the wall above it. Nothing fancy at all but functional. Really, who cares what a laundry room looks like?

The answer : my wife, lol!

I don't have a pic of its original state but I do have a pic of the way it looked after the first remodel. I moved all of the electrical and plumbing to the back wall as well as moved the dryer vent (actually installed a whole new one to the outside wall) and put a counter top over the washer and dryer so we could fold clothes after taking them from the dryer. I also hung a rod so we could hang shirts and pants. I liked it but since she all of a sudden thinks that we are Chip and Joanna Gaines, she wanted to apply the redneck treatment to the laundry room.

Here's the before :

Here is the after :

You can't see it in the pics but the first thing I did was install a new light fixture. That was the only easy thing I did, lol. It all looks simple but I can tell you that I am by no means a carpenter. That cabinet dealio that houses the washer and dryer was a PITA to build and install. I drew it up, cut it out of nice Birch plywood and did manage to build it. My wife did the painting and made the shelves and I cut the counter out of a butcher block slab, then she stained it. The wall mounted "LAUNDRY" sign was made by her as well, same with the "MISSING" sign. She's pretty crafty ;)

I hope she takes a break for a while. This was no fun! Lots of fun trying to install my "cabinet" which is nice a square, onto a wall and ceiling that were not :P

I teased her about her making sure that people knew what room they were in, lol. Laundry written everywhere you look. I just go with the flow, if she likes it, I love it :D
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pappymn

Home Renovations??
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
Awesome work. You're hired

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »
Never seen anyone stack full size units like that.  Great job ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RG

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
Never seen anyone stack full size units like that.  Great job ! ! !

BD

They make a stacking kit for it which is insanely expensive for what it is. It consists of 2 little brackets, 4 screws and one sided sticky tape that goes on the bottom of the dryer to act as a thin buffer between the washer and dryer. The "official" Whirpool one is something like $30.00. The one I bought was half that but still....it costs probably fifty cents to make, lol.

Awesome work. You're hired

Thanks Pappy! I am not cut out for this type of work but thanks for the vote of confidence. I will say that if not for my wife, I would never attempt half what I do. My way of looking at it is that if I get in too deep, I can always call someone that KNOWS what they're doing to save me. The issue with that is that I often see that in my line of work. People will try DIY on their plumbing and when they get stuck, they call me in to rescue them but 9/10 it costs them more because I have to undo what they did and then start over, lol. They would've been better off to call me in the first place :P

Offline RG

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 09:11:20 PM »
RG. I fixed the light in our bathroom when it went out. I just installed a flashlight on the commode.  My wife is not laughing.....

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2019, 03:01:53 PM »
I drew my house...then built it.  It is SIP construction on top of a Superior Walls insulated concrete basement

Awesome Tee!  Superior Wall systems still around?  We had one dealer / manufacturer / Installer here in WI, but they went belly up along time ago...
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL