Author Topic: Redecorating our "Game Room"  (Read 13534 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Redecorating our "Game Room"
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 09:26:33 PM »
Sounds like a good plan RG save me a coke

Will do! I actually went and bought the drink machine today, got it cheap, had to drive an hour each way but it is what it is. The guy said it worked. I asked him to plug it up before I got there so I could see if it was cooling. He says he forgot and remembered 10 minutes before I arrived. I get it home, unload it and plug it up and left it for about 2 hours. It is NOT cooling!!! I researched it and found it's a common problem so I ordered a $7.00 kit to repair it. Hopefully I'll have it running on Saturday!

I also got a surprise about the jukebox, it originally was going to arrive about a month from when I ordered it, it's now going to be here Friday! I have a few more oddities coming in by then so I should have it all wrapped up this weekend. The only other thing is that I am having the pool table refelted. It's blue and I want it red to match the "diner" colors and the "wait your turn" bench that is in the room. After that is done, it will be 100% complete. I was going to wait on the pool table but I have NEVER liked the felt color and have wanted to refelt it since getting it years ago. Stephanie put a bottle on it that leaked and stained it as well so it needs some attention :)

I know that nobody really cares about any of this, as with most things I post but I am just excited about it I guess :P

I love it RD keep the post coming
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
It's not done but I have it to a point where I can share the progress. Really the only thing I still need to do is to clean out the area in the theater part to make room for Steph's exercise stuff and just general decluttering. I also still want to refelt the pool table in red but that'll be later. So here's where it's at for now, I may shoot a video of in in action later, it looks better when it's dark outside, no sunshine coming in the windows.

One of my favorite things about the whole deal, the fake brick and the neon "Back To The Arcade" sign

I like this wall too, the jukebox looks great and the drink machine will be great once I get the panels replaced, no offense to Chargers fans, lol

This wall is pretty much the same as it has been except I added a game room sign and a dartboard cabinet.

This wall is unchanged as well but I added the BBQ sign as it used to be by the door.

And of course, I left The Stooges where they were :)

The LED lighting and the little disco/party light make a dramatic effect, pictures nor video do it justice! I still have a fairly long way to go before the whole basement is back in order, as seen by the clutter in the adjoining room but it's a start!

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 06:51:15 PM »
Impressive. Very impressive.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
You have impressed ALL of us! INCLUDING THE TURTLE!!!!! Dude....you have no idea what that means - but here is a hint: I hired a 1 legged Caitlyn Jenner look-a-like Strip-O-Gram for him...and he just shrugged..... ??? 8) :o :D :D :D

Seriously... NICE JOB!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »
Impressive. Very impressive.

Thanks! I appreciate it!
You have impressed ALL of us! INCLUDING THE TURTLE!!!!! Dude....you have no idea what that means - but here is a hint: I hired a 1 legged Caitlyn Jenner look-a-like Strip-O-Gram for him...and he just shrugged..... ??? 8) :o :D :D :D

Seriously... NICE JOB!

T

LOL! The visual alone is cracking me up :P

Thank you sir! It's been a fun process. Stephanie says I go overboard and maybe she's correct but I just enjoy the process. It gives me a sense of satisfaction when I complete something and get to enjoy it. Overall it was fairly inexpensive to boot so that's good. I can kiss that Rec-Tec goodbye though but that's alright. I have enough cookers (for now, lol)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 10:53:42 PM »
Great remodel RG!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 07:07:06 AM »
iMPRESSIVE! Well played!

Offline RG

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 08:53:38 AM »
Here's a rather poor quality video of it. My phone doesn't do low light videos very well and I was too lazy to bust out one of my cams, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnRrk8-SnIs&feature=youtu.be

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »
Here's a rather poor quality video of it. My phone doesn't do low light videos very well and I was too lazy to bust out one of my cams, lol.

RG that is better then impressive!!!!!! Forget the food truck....start a business helping people start a Man cave, game room or theater room. That is one big basement. Anyway Great job on all the rooms....Enjoy
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 10:50:08 AM »

RG that is better then impressive!!!!!! Forget the food truck....start a business helping people start a Man cave, game room or theater room. That is one big basement. Anyway Great job on all the rooms....Enjoy

Thank You! I don't stay down there much but it is a nice space. It's a full basement, 2020 sqft, lots of storage behind the projector screen. I'll sell the place at some point, way overdue actually. I'll miss it for sure.

Offline Lines

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »
They say that the only time you ever finish a house completely is just before you sell it. That's been true for us a couple times.
Your place should sell well with those amenities!

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
They say that the only time you ever finish a house completely is just before you sell it. That's been true for us a couple times.
Your place should sell well with those amenities!

I may make the first offer lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill