Author Topic: A new hobby for the wife and I  (Read 15808 times)

Offline Lines

Re: A new hobby for the wife and I
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »
Sounds like most hobbies. You enjoy and explore new methods until it becomes "WORK".

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 06:48:10 PM »
Sounds like most hobbies. You enjoy and explore new methods until it becomes "WORK".

That is true but in all honesty, this is meant to be something for her to make money with, so as she learns and gets to make things for friends and family, she can earn a little for her efforts and I am cool with that! :)

It has been enjoyable making things that look fantastic and it gives you a sense of accomplishment as well. I have some BIG ideas coming up, we'll see if I can execute them or not, lol!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Lines

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 09:30:28 PM »
I hope she gets wealthy! :)

Offline RG

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 07:43:34 AM »

Thanks, but it won't be from this, lol!

Here's a sign I made for one of our own here :)

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Lines

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 11:34:02 AM »
Very cool. What is the price of a piece like that?
PM me if you'd rather not advertise on the forum.

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
Nice! How long does it take to make something like that?
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 12:17:20 PM »

Thanks, but it won't be from this, lol!

Here's a sign I made for one of our own here :)

Absolutely wonderful.   Going to put that right on my house.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RG

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 05:14:53 PM »
Nice! How long does it take to make something like that?

This one, or similar takes a couple of hours start to finish. Designing art, etching and finishing.

Offline RG

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
Y'all can look up my wife's craft page on facebook if you like, to see what she's up to. She's very creative and has some cool things in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/Fairly-Cute-Crafts-151679003294832

She's going to making some Farm House stuff soon (popular with the ladies, men....not so much, lol)

She's also got some very cool Christmas Ornaments she's about to offer up. She's a busy lady. I am trying to help where I can :)

I certainly don't want to come off as a salesman but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of her ;) For those who have inquired about items, thank you!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 07:51:02 PM »
I don't care about you buddy.  Lol....  just trying to help you wife. Since you made my great 49er sign maybe you should get a cut.  Im looking forward to getting more cool wood pieces from ya.  Next i need one for the side of my house were i park my truck that says "49er parking only."
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline OkieGirl

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »
That is beautiful! 

Offline RG

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 10:15:41 AM »
I don't care about you buddy.  Lol....  just trying to help you wife. Since you made my great 49er sign maybe you should get a cut.  Im looking forward to getting more cool wood pieces from ya.  Next i need one for the side of my house were i park my truck that says "49er parking only."

LOL! That's the general consensus HAHAHA! Thanks? :P

Offline RG

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 10:19:09 AM »
That is beautiful!

Thank you! It turned out quite nice, pics actually don't do it justice. The wood grain looks nice I think. We've got more live edge wood coming today, really been "burning" through it, lol!

I have some custom pieces to do for some friends and I am going to do one of my son's pride and joy, his Mustang. I just need him to take a really good photo for me to work with. I may take his keys and find a nice spot to do some "glamour" shots of it, the only issue is that I feel the need to misbehave when I drive it ;)

Offline OkieGirl

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2020, 11:40:04 AM »
I hope you'll post a pic of the Mustang carving, but I understand your "need to misbehave".  ;)
I had a Roush Mustang for 14 years. I enjoyed it, but am really more of a truck girl.  The Mustang is gone now,
but I still have the F-150 Flareside I bought brand new in 1992. 
That one is my baby and is pretty much a garage queen now. LOL
Maybe I should commission a carving for it.  :thinking:  I'll check her Facebook page to see if that's an option for me.  :)

Offline RG

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2020, 03:40:19 PM »
I hope you'll post a pic of the Mustang carving, but I understand your "need to misbehave".  ;)
I had a Roush Mustang for 14 years. I enjoyed it, but am really more of a truck girl.  The Mustang is gone now,
but I still have the F-150 Flareside I bought brand new in 1992. 
That one is my baby and is pretty much a garage queen now. LOL
Maybe I should commission a carving for it.  :thinking:  I'll check her Facebook page to see if that's an option for me.  :)

I might make one of my truck for myself. She's a big girl but I can fit her on there I think, lol.

And my son's Mustang is very photogenic!

I want to take a picture of the top of it, looking down, one from the front, one from the back and a side pic and make a collage for him.