Author Topic: Red Seal Ale  (Read 652 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Red Seal Ale
« Reply #-1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:07:08 AM »
If you like pale ales, IPA or APA, this is one to try. Our son and wife went to Columbus, OH Friday night for dinner and some shopping to celebrate their 10th anniversary. He brought me a six pack of the Red Seal Ale to try. It’s a top pale ale for me.

I like to try pale ales and hoppy beer, I usually only want one or two and then revert to my everyday beer, Keystone. This is brewed by the North Coast Brewing Co. in Fort Bragg, CA. On the label it says water, malted barley, hops, yeast & that’s all. I would say they got it right!

It pours with a nice copper color and a tan head. I am not good at describing beer, just know it tastes good or not! Giving it a try I would say it has a smooth hoppy taste with a little bitter. For me the bitter after taste I have with most pale ales is not present, just a refreshing taste and I could have a second one. If you can find it give it a try for me it is one of the top pale ales I have had.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Red Seal Ale
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:42:27 AM »
Nice amber color!

Will look for it next time I am shopping at BevMo.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Red Seal Ale
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
Looks and sounds good - thanks for the tip!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #