Author Topic: Fresh Grilled Mussels on RED  (Read 1025 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Fresh Grilled Mussels on RED
« Reply #-1 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »
When I was at Costco I saw a bag of fresh mussels and picked one up. I had to toss quite a few dead ones but ended up with plenty to eat. I seperated the good ones on a half shell after a good rinse and ice water bath. Then I covered them in melted unsalted butter mixed with garlic, hickory smoked salt, and Pinch of Sizzle Seafood Seasoning. Also topped with parmesan and three cheese blend. Fired up the RED on grill and gave them a 15 minute cook time in a metal pan. They were mighty tasty ;D

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Fresh Grilled Mussels on RED
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
muebe,  Great looking cook.  I have found when I buy clams or mussels in a bag I have to throw out about one third.  Is that your experience?  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Fresh Grilled Mussels on RED
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:29 AM »
muebe,  Great looking cook.  I have found when I buy clams or mussels in a bag I have to throw out about one third.  Is that your experience?  Dee

Yes it is my experience too Dee.

Maybe that is why they come in such a big bag ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven