Author Topic: Limoncello  (Read 1518 times)

Offline hikerman

Limoncello
« Reply #-1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »
 Sunshine in a glass! Liomoncello is one of Italy's most famous drinks. It is considered to be a "digestivo", or an aid in digesting. It's excellent after a typical BBQ'ed meal......trust me!

recipe courtesy of gianni.tv

Limoncello

Ingredients

12 organic lemons
1  qt. grain alcohol
6 C water
2 C sugar

Instructions

1. Wash and dry the lemons.
2. Peel the lemons so that you get just the yellow zest and not the bitter white pith.  (I use a potato peeler)
3. Put the zests in a large jar with a tight fitting lid, add the alcohol and let sit in a dark place. Shake the jar a few times each day.
4. After 2-4 days (I always do 4) the zests will look like pale parchment and have given up their oils. Strain the liquid and discard the spent zests.
5. Make the simple syrup. Put the water and sugar in a pot and heat it over a med. flame, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is clear.
6. When the simple syrup is cool, stir it into the alcohol.
7. Pour the Limoncello into bottles and close them tightly. Store the Limoncello in the freezer or dark place. It's good to drink immediately but the flavor will
    be smoother after about a week.
8. Serve in small glasses right out of the freezer or at room temperature.

Salute!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Limoncello
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:03:24 AM »
Book marked!!  I'll have to compare your recipe to one I made a long time ago.  It is good stuff.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
1 quart of grain alcohol and 6 cups of water! That will knock your socks AND underwear off.  Back wen I was tending bar we would often knock back four or five shots or tequila before we opened up just to take the edge off and prepare for the night. One night by buddy brought in some 196 proof pure grain alcohol and we slammed back about five shots of that. I don''t even remember the next 24 hours.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »
1 quart of grain alcohol and 6 cups of water! That will knock your socks AND underwear off.  Back wen I was tending bar we would often knock back four or five shots or tequila before we opened up just to take the edge off and prepare for the night. One night by buddy brought in some 196 proof pure grain alcohol and we slammed back about five shots of that. I don''t even remember the next 24 hours.

Ahh Ken what did you just say?  :D

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:18:46 PM »
Sounds really good.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »
You had this 'neck at "grain."
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 04:16:14 PM »

I woke up the next afternoon in a pink canopy bed wondering where he heck I was. Turned over and there was a lady I did not know. At least I did not have to gnaw my arm off to get away. Sometimes I miss my younger days, sometimes I can't believe I am still alive.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 09:20:27 PM »

I woke up the next afternoon in a pink canopy bed wondering where he heck I was. Turned over and there was a lady I did not know. At least I did not have to gnaw my arm off to get away. Sometimes I miss my younger days, sometimes I can't believe I am still alive.

lol...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I did bookmark the recipe - still hot and humid here, will try this when I have a couple days that I don't need to remember.  ;)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 12:11:55 PM »

Same here, I cannot believe I survived my years in the military.   ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 03:49:51 AM »
Love limoncello . your limoncello looks really strong .
i do some time the same with oranges .
orangecello .

Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »
You're orangecello looks great.   ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)