Author Topic: Your Favorite Bar?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

Re: Your Favorite Bar?
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »
Backyard Bar in my backyard. It gets wild.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 05:49:51 PM »
The Flora-Bama was a cool place many years ago but it is mostly a tourist trap now, but can still be nice early in the afternoon. We had many beers at the bar with Kenny Stabler and saw Jimmy Buffet back in the days he was playing for tips.

There was a bar in Mexico Beach/Port St Joe Beach Fl for years that was the best beach bar I have ever seen. We spent several summers down there and got to know them well. They would call you by name when you walked in the door and crack open your favorite beer and put it on the bar where you always sat. Every Sunday all the locals would bring in pot luck meals and you would sit on the beach side deck and drink 50 cent draft beer and listen to good acoustic music by local musicians. Unfortunately when the real estate market was so high the owner got a ridiculous offer he could not refuse and sold it. The new owners tore it down and were going to build condos but then the market tanked and it is just an empty lot with a for sale sign on it. Serves them right for messing up my bar. Every time I hear Toby Keith sing "I love this bar", I think of the Wonder Bar.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 06:29:30 PM »
There was a place in San Jose, Costa Rica. I'm not sure it even had a name. It was in the back of a house - sort of a patio. Maybe 5 tables. They had a small kitchen - two people would have had a problem moving. But it had a huge brick wood fired oven on the patio where they cooked the pizza. No garbage pizzas here - each had an ingredient or two - but they were done in minutes and delicious - you just kept ordering more. They also made a killer Caipirinha - the best Brazilian cocktail ever. Might be why I don't remember if they had a name or not...  8) 8)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #