Author Topic: The char broil 4 burner infra red grill  (Read 58080 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: The char broil 4 burner infra red grill
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »
Get the four burner. I have had a five burner for over six years or so and never replaced the burners.  I love the IR so much I would not be without a CharBroil IR grill.  Cleaning ain't the problem one would think.  As an experiment I went over six months one time and never cleaned the grill or emmitters and had no problem at all.

I  have measured temps of 800* plus on my grill.

Granted, it may not have the quality of stainless steel as others but if it did it would cost a whole lot more.

I strongly recommend you get it and a good cover if you don't have an overhead cover.  You won't regret it.  Also,if you can buy an SRG you will have bought the McGiver of cookers.  That thing is amazing and TMB can do things with his the inventors never dreamed.  With these two cookers you can do everything but "low and slow" ; however you can still smoke and get great smoked flavor on butts, ribs, poultry, and anything else you want to cook.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
Great Testimonial on the grill Dee. 6 months without cleaning with no problems....heck, we should all have such good fortune with a grill.......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
Great Testimonial on the grill Dee. 6 months without cleaning with no problems....heck, we should all have such good fortune with a grill.......

X2 for sure!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline djm3801

• Food is love.
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:58 PM »
Yup. This is no Weber - it will not be around 10 years from now. BUT - I think my 4 burner Red is great and as I said earlier - cooks better than my old $1000 Broil Master that looks the same as the day I bought it 12 years ago but was horrible to cook on. The Red is a pleasure to cook on. I will likely be replacing mine next year and I have used this a LOT.
Food - It's all good.

Char Broil 4 burner RED
Big Easy
Masterbuilt 40" ss electric smoker
WSM 18"
Large Big Green Egg
Roundboy wood burning pizza oven
Master Grill 3 burner
18" Old Smokey
Chef's Choice 610 slicer - Great tool
New Pit Barrel Cooker (PCB)
Retired Char Broil smoker (RIP old friend)

Offline okie52

• Edmond OK
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »
Just bought the charbroil 4 burner infra red grill.  Got lucky as the price was discounted 20% so I got it for $399.  They also are assembling it for me along with converting it to a natural gas grill (that cost me an extra $60) and delivering it to me on Wednesday for free.

All told I paid $553.00 including tax for an assembled natural gas grill including a $40 cover and a nylon grate brush with free delivery.

I'm pretty happy.
Traeger Texas Grill w Blazen Grill PID
w/smoke daddy big kajuna
ng converted great outdoors vertical smoker
dcs 24" built in ng grill
50,000 BTU ng side burner
Maverick ET 732
Igrill

Boomer Sooner

Offline hikerman

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 05:58:50 PM »
Congratulations Okie! It's always exciting getting a new toy ahem I mean tool!
Looking forward to seeing some of the food coming off your new grill!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 10:32:27 PM »
Good for you okie! Looking forward to some cooks!
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline RAD

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 06:31:37 AM »
I just replaced them again. About every two years but I really like the grill and $80 isn't as bad as buying a new grill. I now have to use a lighter to get her going.

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=3061.15
Love to cook and eat

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »
Okie, You'll love it.  It was wise to have them assemble it...I should have mentioned that.  I always get my equipment assembled whenever possible for two reasons: primarily I'm lazy and the other is to make sure it's done right and all the parts are there and in working order.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline okie52

• Edmond OK
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
I liked my char broil commercial I had a few years ago that was converted to natural gas.  Really got the high heat. I'm looking forward to using the infrared grates.  I had grill grates on my old char broil commercial and they were great for searing but they were bad about flare ups and eventually they warped after about a year or so.     

I've been tolerating a 2 burner builtin dcs for the last 2 years and it had outlived its usefullness a long time ago. 

w/smoke daddy big kajuna
Maverick ET 732
Igrill

Boomer Sooner

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
Great score on the grill. Natural gas sure beats having a tank run out during a cook  >:(
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 06:39:29 AM »
I just replaced them again. About every two years but I really like the grill and $80 isn't as bad as buying a new grill. I now have to use a lighter to get her going.

After 8 years, my igniter went out last month. It was a pain taking off the Grill Grates and troughs, to use a lighter to get all 4 burners going, so I called their parts department. I have to give props to the Char Broil service. I called them, they found the part, sent me info and told me how to replace it (very easy to do), and  it was a very easy fix. Cost about $30.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »
While a large part of Char-Broils line-up is "disposable" their customer service has always been real good.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline okie52

• Edmond OK
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
My first try on my new charbroil infrared.

Top sirloins reverse seared

Not that you can trust a dome thermometer but it was pegged out.  I'm guessing that grate temp to be somewhere above 700 degrees.
w/smoke daddy big kajuna
Maverick ET 732
Igrill

Boomer Sooner

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »
Nice looking steaks, okie!
Member #