Author Topic: My MAK cooks  (Read 4685 times)

Offline KJRsmoker

My MAK cooks
« Reply #-1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:35:18 PM »
I'm learning with every cook, but here's some of my cooks (and hopefully I uploaded these correctly from Photobucket): baby back ribs, pulled pork, chicken wings, and reverse seared ribeyes.

2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: My MAK cooks
« on: June 23, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
All looks great to me  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:50:44 PM »
Everything looks good.  Now that I am salivating, I better go start dinner.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 05:55:29 PM »
So, how are you liking your new MAK so far?  Everything you've posted looks spectacular!

The next MAK accessory you should consider, if you didn't already get it, is the MAK Griddle.  It's very versatile and very under-rated.

<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »
I do have a MAK griddle but I haven't used it yet.  I'll probably cook some bacon on it or do some burgers to get a good crust on them.  I went all out when I upgraded to the 2 Star.  I got the Remote Boss, the searing grate, the griddle, and the blank grease pan.  I've been very happy so far and I cannot wait to cook Thanksgiving dinner on it.
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 06:11:14 PM »
Very cool. You are going to love your MAK griddle then!  We use ours for all kinds of things. I recently did: Steak & Shrimp Fajitas.

Grilled sandwiches are nice, and Hot dog Chili done in the MAK Griddle is the best since it picks up a little smoke!

If you keep the grill temp around 350° - 375° so it doesn't get too hot you can even do some shallow frying in it.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »
Those are some dang fine looking first cooks!!  Nice work!!   :P
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Pappymn

My MAK cooks
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 06:52:14 PM »
Great looking food
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline rwalters

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »
OUTSTANDING cooks!!!  Looks like you've been around the block a few times?  That surely ain't the cooking of a "newb"... ;)  Curious, what were you cooking on prior to your new 2-Star, and how does it compare?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:21:14 PM »
You and the MAK got it going on 8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »
OUTSTANDING cooks!!!  Looks like you've been around the block a few times?  That surely ain't the cooking of a "newb"... ;)  Curious, what were you cooking on prior to your new 2-Star, and how does it compare?

I've been using a gas grill since about 16 years of age (my dad is an awesome griller/cook) and I've been cooking and baking since about age 8 (I'm 45 now).  About 3 years ago I bought an electric Masterbuilt smoker on QVC.  Although it wasn't the best piece of equipment (very difficult to keep a constant temp in the winter), it did get me hooked on smoking.  After doing extensive research, I decided to go with the best and bought my MAK.
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:28 PM »
Wow!

Great looking food!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline rwalters

My MAK cooks
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »

I've been using a gas grill since about 16 years of age (my dad is an awesome griller/cook) and I've been cooking and baking since about age 8 (I'm 45 now).  About 3 years ago I bought an electric Masterbuilt smoker on QVC.  Although it wasn't the best piece of equipment (very difficult to keep a constant temp in the winter), it did get me hooked on smoking.  After doing extensive research, I decided to go with the best and bought my MAK.
MAK = Smart man! Do you do all of your high temp grilling on it? If yes, how do you like it for that type of cooking?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 02:46:44 PM »
I did do the reverse searing of my ribeyes on the MAK and they turned out great.  However, next time I'll probably just sear them on my gas grill with my Grill Grates.  It just took too long for the MAK to get up to searing temp (and when the steaks look that good, patience is not a virtue).  I will continue to use my gas grill for basic stuff (like hot dogs, brats, and burgers), but I did use my MAK griddle for searing up some bison burgers. 

So basically, I'll be using my MAK for smoking and baking and my gas grill for high heat, quick cooks.
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline rwalters

My MAK cooks
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »
I did do the reverse searing of my ribeyes on the MAK and they turned out great.  However, next time I'll probably just sear them on my gas grill with my Grill Grates.  It just took too long for the MAK to get up to searing temp (and when the steaks look that good, patience is not a virtue).  I will continue to use my gas grill for basic stuff (like hot dogs, brats, and burgers), but I did use my MAK griddle for searing up some bison burgers. 

So basically, I'll be using my MAK for smoking and baking and my gas grill for high heat, quick cooks.
A dynamic duo!