Author Topic: My new "go to" for pizza dough  (Read 18701 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: My new "go to" for pizza dough
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »
I finally have a grill that can reach and hold 600* and we're going to cook pizza thereon.
This recipe, being measured in the metric way, stumps me because I can't imagine how much dough it makes.

Gimme an idea of how many 10" pizzas it will make.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Smokin Papa Steve

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
I finally have a grill that can reach and hold 600* and we're going to cook pizza thereon.
This recipe, being measured in the metric way, stumps me because I can't imagine how much dough it makes.

Using metric is so much better when baking.  Anyway see this site for conversions https://www.kingarthurflour.com/learn/ingredient-weight-chart.html   If you are going to make pizza, it is a good idea to invest in a pizza stone which can also be used to bake bread.  The food network has lots of pizza dough non-metric recipes.  For a 10' pizza, most likely an 8 ounce (226 grams) dough would suffice

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »
So....after logging into RD's site, they do have 00 Flour. 25 kgs of it! 55 pounds of flour for $30.00

That's CHEAP per pound but it would go bad before I could put a dent in it, lol. That would make about 250 10"-12" pizzas!

Well if we all show up........that would about cover our group ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Roget

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 12:50:31 PM »

I make mostly 10"-11" pizzas. American style (think Pizza Hut or Papa Johns).
My recipe uses 519.24 grams of flour (18.32 oz.) and makes three 10"-11" pies.
So that is just a bit over 6 oz. per pie. (173 grams).

YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 01:13:48 PM »
I usually shoot for about 200 grams per dough ball and I get about a 10-12" pie from it. The recipe I posted makes about 5 pizzas IIRC. It's been a bit since I fired the old Uuni up. I ordered some 00 on Amazon last night while I was up during the middle of the night. I have been having trouble sleeping, I need to take something to make me sleep so I'll quit my late night shopping :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline DWard51

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 10:12:01 PM »
I have been having trouble sleeping, I need to take something to make me sleep so I'll quit my late night shopping :)

Try Melatonin. I bought some at Sam's Club.  After I retired, I found it was so easy to get sucked into the internet and suddenly it was 3AM.  I was in Sam's one day and figured I would try it.  For me it works.  Just enough....  About $11 a bottle for 250 tablets. You take one tablet and let it dissolve. Nice berry like flavor.    OK - thread hijack over.....

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »
Hijacking is welcomed! I may try that, my wife has some I think. Last night I popped a Benadryl  and it helped. I just usually drag arse the next day when I take those.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!