Author Topic: New Meat Market in central NC  (Read 12981 times)

Offline Hub

New Meat Market in central NC
« Reply #-1 on: July 06, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
If you live in the Charlotte/Hickory/Gastonia/Morganton/Shelby/Dallas/Denver/Newton/etc. "quadrangle or even close I want you to know that Lincolnton now has a genuine, really real, dedicated to good meats BUTCHER SHOP  :o

It is called the Meating Place and is located at 114 E. Main Street, just a half block east of the courthouse in downtown Lincolnton.  The selection is adequate but not exotic or extensive, mainly the popular cuts of beef, pork, etc. with really friendly service.  If you're on Facebook, they have a page you can go to for background.

I've purchased several different meats there including steaks, pork chops, and fresh salmon.  Prices are higher than the grocery store meat counter but the quality is also significantly higher.  The steaks were well marbled and had enough fat left on them to contribute to flavor while grilling.  Likewise on the pork chops -- tender and not your usual dry, grainy "factory" pork.  Salmon turned out moist and flaky after a short trip to the GrillGrates and some soy/orange/ginger/garlic marinade.

I have no stake in this establishment other than wanting it to succeed.  Four fifths of small businesses like this close within the first year or so and, frankly, I think the owner is gutsy to try this concept in a small town.  Some of us on this forum are or have been small business people, too.  You do things like this for the love of it, but you still have to make enough money to justify your time and risk. 

Good place to get the main groceries for your next cookout if you're in the area  :)

Hub 

Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline bspitt

• GEAUX Tigers!
Re: New Meat Market in central NC
« on: July 06, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'll be trying this place out!