Recipes > Seafood

Shrimp and Grits

(1/2) > >>

TMB:
Kimmie and I went to Tenn a few weeks back for an adventour drive (go where the car takes us)  ;)    We stopped for lunch at a coffee place and found they had Shrimp and Grits so Kimmie said I'm in lets go.  So we did, now I not much on grits but OMG this was sooooo good I had to try to make it for her at the house. and here it is ...

I used quick cheese grits due to time.   

I pan fried shrimp in butter and Tony Chachere's then removed to a side dish till the grits were ready

Next..  I boiled the water in the pan and used the water to clean the fond off the bottom to keep as much flavor as I could. Then I cooked the grits in the water and mixed in a little half and half then added shrimp to set the flavor.   Cooked down for 5 mins low boil then added a few more shrimp to the top.  Add Alfrado sauce as the gravy (Crazy but works)!!!

Pam Gould:
Looks good..where's the recipe please?  need baby pics too.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

teesquare:
Looks awesome Tommy. When you want to do something extra...try adding some tasso ham rind, and sub heavy cream for water or milk  to those grits as they cook..... ;)

TMB:

--- Quote from: teesquare on July 16, 2018, 08:30:41 AM ---Looks awesome Tommy. When you want to do something extra...try adding some tasso ham rind, and sub heavy cream for water or milk  to those grits as they cook..... ;)

--- End quote ---
I added cream.  At work had to stop writing  :o  I'll go back and write the rest down

Tailgating is my game:
boy that does look good :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version