Author Topic: Another version of low carb dough  (Read 12896 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Another version of low carb dough
« Reply #-1 on: November 30, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
On the way home I decided I was going to try another form of the dough I have been making & add more flavor by adding seasoning and let it ride in the fridge a few days.

This I hope will be another keeper but time will tell.

I started with almond flour , VWG, salt and Italian seasoning stired to mix added 1/2 the water (110 temp) to my poolish to get it thiner to mix better .

Here is the recipe...  Sorry I did not do %'s  Once I have it the way I need it I will post it in %'s

3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup VWG
1/4 poolish starter
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
1/2 cup hot (110 temp) water   split in half

I mixed all dry ingredents first, then mixed 1/4 cup water to my poolish to thin out and help boost it.   Once the poolish sat for 10 mins I then mixed into the flour mixture and then added the other 1/4 cup of water slowly till I had the sticky dough I needed to let rest for a few days.   I did let the mixture sit and rise for 2 hrs before placing in fridge.

We'll see in a few days how it does   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:30:24 AM by TMB »
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
Re: Another version of low carb dough
« on: November 30, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »
TMB -

I been lurking and following your low carb journey here for a while.  I am very much a "newbie" in the low carb world.  So I am following this dough effort as I really want to come up with some alternatives.  This one looks like a fun experiment, but you have some elements I do not understand.

What is VWG?  And how do you make your polish?  I think VWG is Vital Wheat Gluten.  However, there are all kinds of "how to's" for polish that have me confused.

Thanks for your posts!!
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »
TMB -

I been lurking and following your low carb journey here for a while.  I am very much a "newbie" in the low carb world.  So I am following this dough effort as I really want to come up with some alternatives.  This one looks like a fun experiment, but you have some elements I do not understand.

What is VWG?  And how do you make your polish?  I think VWG is Vital Wheat Gluten.  However, there are all kinds of "how to's" for polish that have me confused.

Thanks for your posts!!
VWG= Vital Wheat Gluten your correct

The poolish I have made started with 3 Tbs flour, 3 Tbs filtered water and 1/8 pack of yeast to get it going for testing.    My poolish is over 1 month old and doing great with normal feedings everyother day.  I remove 2 Tbs of the poolish and replace with 2 Tbs of water and flour

I'm finding the poolish really helps with the flavor along with the VWG.  both are very low in carbs (poolish is once the carbs are consumed by the yeast)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
Thank you!  I have made the pizza that uses just mozzarella for the base and find it is quite tasty.  Easy to burn the bottom of the cheese :-)

Now off to Sprouts to find the ingredients - around here, they seem to have a lot of the alternative baking goods.
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:16:39 AM »
Thank you!  I have made the pizza that uses just mozzarella for the base and find it is quite tasty.  Easy to burn the bottom of the cheese :-)

Now off to Sprouts to find the ingredients - around here, they seem to have a lot of the alternative baking goods.
Let me know if I can help.  I have about 7 different versions of this recipe using no cheese at all
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:30:05 PM »
Here it is baked in an air fryer   It was very good and the taste is almost there  :thumbup:

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker