Author Topic: Jazz Fest canceled  (Read 1804 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Jazz Fest canceled
« Reply #-1 on: August 09, 2021, 03:34:47 PM »
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: Jazz Fest canceled
« on: August 09, 2021, 06:38:54 PM »
That's a bummer. Turtle is going to be in NOLA with nothing to do. Hope he can find some friends to play with.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 08:32:01 PM »
Since I know y'all care, here's our rearranged schedule...

September 29th – October 6th in Charlotte visiting daughter & family with a side trip to Jack’s on the weekend (1-3 October).

October 6th – 10th - SWMBO goes to Orlando to see the mouse and I go to New Orleans to hang out with friends.

October 10th to 14th - We’re both in New Orleans and available for dinner invites.

October 14th – 19th we go to San Antonio so SWMBO can see the Alamo and I can drink at the Menger Hotel bar and eat at Mi Tierra. I'm guessing that when she sees the Alamo for the first time she'll probably say (for the second time that I know of), "I thought it was bigger."

October 19th – 22nd we fly to Las Vegas and see what they’ve been up to in the 15-20 years since I was there last.

October 22nd – 24th in Mesquite (Nevada) for SWMBO's sister's 75th birthday.

October 25th – fly home.

If anyone will be in or near one of those places, let me know and we can at least have a beer and/or some que. Hope to at least see a bunch of you at Jack's and hope tee is wearing his "we Cure Vegans" shirt so I'll finally remember to ask how much pink salt he uses.

OBTW, I've got my reservations for their next attempt at JazzFest - April 29th - May 8th, 2022. Some of you folks besides IR2dum and Lost Arrow ought to join the party.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 09:41:36 PM »
You *DO* recognize that I am a bit under 2 hours from CLT, and in the mountains - right? And that you ARE welcome to come here on the way to Jaxon's... 8)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 12:40:54 AM »
Ain't got all that much time in Charlotte as it is. Looks like the mountain will have to come to Mohammed this time. Meet you at Jack's and we'll call it even.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion