Author Topic: Postings Drop-Off  (Read 7839 times)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Re: Postings Drop-Off
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2022, 11:20:23 AM »
I'm hoping that the M-Grill M-36 will replace a few of my current grills and smokers.  I'm of the opinion that grill and smoker configurations are much like golf clubs.  I think that the perfect ones will do one thing extremely well.  I also think that combination units perform okay on more than one style but aren't the best choice for it.

Here's a thorough M-36 description.  Maybe this pit will cause me to revise that opinion.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline old sarge

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2022, 08:27:32 PM »
I watched that video a while ago.  The grill looks very capable. Took some fiddlin' 'round to dial in the temp. And seemed to take a while to get to the high temp.  However, os looking at other videos, it does a nice job on the meat.  You should be happy.  I know I would!
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2022, 07:07:08 AM »
I'm of the opinion that grill and smoker configurations are much like golf clubs.  I think that the perfect ones will do one thing extremely well.  I also think that combination units perform okay on more than one style but aren't the best choice for it.

My experience as well. With lifestyle needing quick cooks, basic grilling with a gas grill is what my family has most of the time. Smoking takes a lot longer to set up and perform, so that usually falls on planned weekend cooks. My smoker is on injured reserve, so grilling is all I am doing at the present.

Looks like a well put together structure, but my concern is that there are a lot of moving metal parts, and how will that hold up for a smooth operation long term.

I am just looking forward to pictures of your cooks!!!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2022, 11:08:41 AM »
M grills started off with a grill shaped just like the state of Texas. That was about 10 years ago. It was pretty cool. They make some serious pits.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline old sarge

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2022, 07:08:03 PM »
Good to see folks checking in. The M grills are very solid looking. Sort of like a heavy weight Hasty Bake! Should last a very long time.
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2022, 12:58:20 PM »
The M-36 was delivered yesterday.  See this post.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas