Author Topic: Potato Salad  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Potato Salad
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 03:15:22 AM »
I'm sure I've tasted thousands of different approaches to good ol' tater salad over the years.  The best ones have been the simplest and taste like potatoes  :o.  The worst ones were full of stuff that over-rode the potatoes and dominated the flavor (often too much mustard, pickle relish, etc.).  Here's my favorite recipe and it is easy except for getting the spuds cooked to the right consistency -- that takes some practice (a good excuse to make it often)

Dice potatoes into cubes about three quarters of an inch wide

Boil until "waxy" -- just soft enough to cut fairly easily, not flaky or mushy

Add good mayonnaise, salt, pepper and minced fresh onion to taste while stirring thoroughly

Refrigerate at least twelve hours (it peaks out on the second day if there are leftovers)

Enjoy!

Hub
My recipe is pretty much like this one, but I add celery and pickles and pickle juice, your choice, I prefer dill pickles, some prefer sweet...and there has to be hard boiled eggs sliced on top with paprika sprinkled on top, in the Big Pyrex bowl so it stay cold.. Like Grandma used to make.  Dee is right about drying the potatoes too. Dress when warm makes it soak in for better flavor too. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron