Author Topic: Boneless Pork Loin  (Read 2375 times)

Offline ChrisD46

Boneless Pork Loin
« Reply #-1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:45:41 AM »
Curious if anyone has done a boneless pork loin on their PBC ? I'm thinking a moderate ammount of an all - purpose rub applied on the pork loin the night before then cook on the rack to like 165 degrees (or what ever the safe temp for pork is ) .

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: Boneless Pork Loin
« on: March 11, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »
http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html

Remember it will warm up at little when you take it off the fire.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Bob c cue

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
I recently posted a thread on cooking a boneless rib half pork loin. I planned to cook it to about 140 degrees, with carry over should reach the 145 the government recommends. . I overshot it by a bit but it was still juicy and tender. I just used my regular pork rub and hung from the rebar. I would not cook it to 165. Will probably be too dry. Good luck.

Offline Kona

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
I did one of those pre marinaded ones not long ago, I pulled mine at 160, others have suggested 140.

Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 09:38:24 PM »
Looks delicious ! Thanks for the advice  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 12:01:15 AM »
Chris I have done a lot of pork loins, I am not talking about pork tenderloins, but whole or half loins. I like to brine them for 48 hours then cook on 180 deg. smoke for and hour then up to 300 deg. grill level until an internal temp of 140 to 145 deg. I used to take them to 160 deg. but find pulling them at the lower temp and cover with foil for about a half hour before slicing gives me a much more tender and juicy meat. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline ChrisD46

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 07:37:37 AM »
Chris I have done a lot of pork loins, I am not talking about pork tenderloins, but whole or half loins. I like to brine them for 48 hours then cook on 180 deg. smoke for and hour then up to 300 deg. grill level until an internal temp of 140 to 145 deg. I used to take them to 160 deg. but find pulling them at the lower temp and cover with foil for about a half hour before slicing gives me a much more tender and juicy meat. Don
Smoke'n Don : Thanks for the tips - the temp at which to pull a whole pork loin should be cooked to per the Gov. standard is 160 but I am with you to pull at a lower temp , wrap and wait a while before slicing . I don't want to make anybody sick so goal is a finished 160 vs. pulling the pork loin at 160 then wrapping ... I'm leaning more towards 150 at which to pull off the PBC and wrap though as perhaps expecting an additional 15 to 20 degrees increase while wrapped and resting is expectiong too much of a resting temp rise ?

Offline Pappymn

Boneless Pork Loin
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »
I'm a pull at 140 degrees kind of guy. But we are all the master of our own cooks
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Bob c cue

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 07:20:01 PM »
Smoke'n Don : Thanks for the tips - the temp at which to pull a whole pork loin should be cooked to per the Gov. standard is 160 but I am with you to pull at a lower temp , wrap and wait a while before slicing . I don't want to make anybody sick so goal is a finished 160 vs. pulling the pork loin at 160 then wrapping ... I'm leaning more towards 150 at which to pull off the PBC and wrap though as perhaps expecting an additional 15 to 20 degrees increase while wrapped and resting is expectiong too much of a resting temp rise ?

The gov standard for pork changed fairly recently to 145°. If you pull it off at 140 it should rise to 145 during the rest. I do believe that with the PBC you can cook to a higher temp and still be rewarded with juicy and tender meat. Good luck!

Offline Kona

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »

The gov standard for pork changed fairly recently to 145°. If you pull it off at 140 it should rise to 145 during the rest. I do believe that with the PBC you can cook to a higher temp and still be rewarded with juicy and tender meat. Good luck!

Yup my pic above that I pulled at 160 is proof of your last statement  ;D
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline Smokin J

• Let's smoke !
Boneless Pork Loin
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »
I posted mine about a month ago and cooked it to 151 degrees and it turned out great. Yours looks very delicious as well. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk