Other Cooking Equipment > Other cookers

My OONI

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tailgating is my game:
looks great...enjoy

Pam Gould:
Congrats on the oven...I have the original Unni form about 2010-11. At the Gathering in Augusta Ga. Brad made pizza dough and we practiced making pizzas. They were fabulous. We made bunches of them.
I have a really good pizza dough recipe that can be made in a bread machine...20 minutes or in a food processor or mixer I will share if you would like. Just send me a message.
I see that you need a pizza peel. I got one from Amazon or ebay, eBay is cheaper... pic enclose. It is about 2 ft long with a wooden handle and a metal peel.  Fits perfectly in a Uuni or Ooni. Just throw some cornmeal on it and put pizza and iti will not stick. Then just slide it into the unit and lift a little and pull back...Pizza in the oven.  Once the crust gets hot, just a few seconds, then put peel back in and twirl, you will get the hang of it.
Pizza dough recipe is great. I make bunches of it. it's better if it is used overnight but can be used immediately. I make pizza on the grill...15 the last time i made them on the grill. I made the dough and everyone made their own pizzas.
Last pic is a garbage pizza, everything but the sink. It took me 4 weekends to learn how to do it on the grill, but they are better than any store bought or made.
Email me for the recipe if your interested.
Pam

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: Pam Gould on February 08, 2023, 08:39:40 AM ---Congrats on the oven...I have the original Unni form about 2010-11. At the Gathering in Augusta Ga. Brad made pizza dough and we practiced making pizzas. They were fabulous. We made bunches of them.
I have a really good pizza dough recipe that can be made in a bread machine...20 minutes or in a food processor or mixer I will share if you would like. Just send me a message.
I see that you need a pizza peel. I got one from Amazon or ebay, eBay is cheaper... pic enclose. It is about 2 ft long with a wooden handle and a metal peel.  Fits perfectly in a Uuni or Ooni. Just throw some cornmeal on it and put pizza and iti will not stick. Then just slide it into the unit and lift a little and pull back...Pizza in the oven.  Once the crust gets hot, just a few seconds, then put peel back in and twirl, you will get the hang of it.
Pizza dough recipe is great. I make bunches of it. it's better if it is used overnight but can be used immediately. I make pizza on the grill...15 the last time i made them on the grill. I made the dough and everyone made their own pizzas.
Last pic is a garbage pizza, everything but the sink. It took me 4 weekends to learn how to do it on the grill, but they are better than any store bought or made.
Email me for the recipe if your interested.
Pam

--- End quote ---

That Pizza looks amazing Pam

HighOnSmoke:
I remember that August trip. We had pizza coming out of our ears.  ;D But it was so delicious! Pam I sent you an email. I am just getting into doing pizza on my grill. I bought the GMG Pizza insert for my Recteq. It works great! First ones we made were with a store bought pizza dough. It was okay, but nothing to write home about. We are looking for a great dough recipe.

old sarge:
Thanks Pam.  Your garbage pizza looks terrific. Thanks for the tip on the peel.  Will look into it.  Your offer of the dough recipe will be accepted.  Quick question:  Can the dough be made in batches then frozen for later use? I am a real rookie at this. Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version