Author Topic: Are You Ready for Some Football  (Read 1088 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Are You Ready for Some Football
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
I DO have some questions for fans of Alabama and Auburn. It has to do with mascots/team names...Let's start with Alabama:
1. Your mascot appears to be an elephant...but the name of the team is the "Crimson Tide"? Why?
2. Are you aware that a red - or "crimson tide" is the result of a bacterial bloom?  Cyanobacterium. They grow out of control and "bloom" in the presence of excess orthophosphate in water. ( Usually a result of too much fertilizer being used in area...or a flooded waste plant. ;D

O.K... Auburn:
1. Make up your minds guys - are you the Tigers or War Eagles....? Is it a bi-polar thing, or athletic cross-dressing? :D
2. Have you guys decided to not hire a grounds keeper that is an Alabama fan to water your trees?  ::) ??? 8)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »
Dee,
My wife had a response for you.  However, since this is a family oriented forum, I will refrain from sharing her response.

Art
So I take it that the response wasn't 'Roll Tide Roll"

That would be correct!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »
I DO have some questions for fans of Alabama and Auburn. It has to do with mascots/team names...Let's start with Alabama:
1. Your mascot appears to be an elephant...but the name of the team is the "Crimson Tide"? Why?
2. Are you aware that a red - or "crimson tide" is the result of a bacterial bloom?  Cyanobacterium. They grow out of control and "bloom" in the presence of excess orthophosphate in water. ( Usually a result of too much fertilizer being used in area...or a flooded waste plant. ;D

O.K... Auburn:
1. Make up your minds guys - are you the Tigers or War Eagles....? Is it a bi-polar thing, or athletic cross-dressing? :D
2. Have you guys decided to not hire a grounds keeper that is an Alabama fan to water your trees?  ::) ??? 8)

As far as Alabama goes :

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071228203027AAVSRYj

As far as Auburn goes, it is just a bipolar thing.

Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware