Author Topic: LEM 10-Tray Countertop Dehydrator On Sale  (Read 4068 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: LEM 10-Tray Countertop Dehydrator On Sale
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »
I guess it depends on how you make jerky....

I tend to make 20 or so lbs at a whack, so I fill up 2 pretty big dehydrators....

This allows me to vacuum pack and freeze a lot  - so it stays fresh longer. So, for me  - more racks = longer times between having to make up more jerky. But, what works for YOU is the real way to evaluate YOUR needs ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline DWard51

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »
Plus with the sale at $70 off, it makes the 10 tray less expensive than their 5 tray model (which is not on sale).  I just checked the local store inventory.  They say they have 9 left in stock, and they are backordered online.  And someone bumped Rick's dehydrator snack stick recipe.  Must all be a sign....

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 12:14:57 AM »
Just wondering where you guys plan on running this load 10 tray dehydrator. This is not something most people like in their kitchen. Just saying....you need to way all the options here.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 12:39:01 AM »
And - that is a good point Devo... I have a covered area outside of my basement that I use for this, and I can use the basement in the winter. I have a whole house de-humidifier, and a portable one for the room I dehydrate in.

The kitchen is a no-go for me as well.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline DWard51

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 10:06:36 AM »
Well crap....  Sale ended at midnight and not today like I thought.  Guess I was not meant to get one of these right now after all.

Offline RAD

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
I wasn't sure where to store this and was concerned because of the size. I decided to keep the box and store it under the cat food bin and pull it out when I want to use it. It does take a lot of room but I ran 5lbs of jerky in it today, I had three trays left. Soooo much easier then the smoker and a lot more room. Some of the best jerky yet.

I have 2.5lbs of sticks going now. Only used three trays. I could have done the jerky and sticks at the same time. 
Love to cook and eat

Offline RAD

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »
PICS

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love to cook and eat

Offline DWard51

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 05:38:10 PM »
How even did they dry?  That just seems like a lot of real estate for drying without moving trays around a couple of times to keep 'em even.

Note to self - look at the calendar next time (any why does a "labor day sale" end on Saturday night before labor day anyway)?

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »
Looks Awesome, I like dehydrator beef jerky way better than in the Brad Smoker just because its a whole lot easier and quicker. Nice choice on the Lem .

Offline RAD

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 05:49:18 PM »
I set them for three hours and went to the gun range. Came home and I felt they needed an another hour. was real easy and they came out great.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
How even did they dry?  That just seems like a lot of real estate for drying without moving trays around a couple of times to keep 'em even.

Note to self - look at the calendar next time (any why does a "labor day sale" end on Saturday night before labor day anyway)?

I just checked the online price and it is still $129.99 as of Aug 31st 3:54Pm PDT.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline DWard51

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 11:30:40 PM »

I just checked the online price and it is still $129.99 as of Aug 31st 3:54Pm PDT.

Hmmm.... you are right.  I just checked it at 11:29PM EDT and it's back to $129.   It was at the full price earlier today when I checked it.  And the rub is we went to the movies and to Sam's Club which is within 1/2 block of the local Gander Mountain after I checked it earlier today.  I wonder what was up with the full price and sale price yo-yo?

I will call the store tomorrow and see if they still have it at that price and make another trip over if they do.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 12:29:18 AM »

Hmmm.... you are right.  I just checked it at 11:29PM EDT and it's back to $129.   It was at the full price earlier today when I checked it.  And the rub is we went to the movies and to Sam's Club which is within 1/2 block of the local Gander Mountain after I checked it earlier today.  I wonder what was up with the full price and sale price yo-yo?

I will call the store tomorrow and see if they still have it at that price and make another trip over if they do.

Stranger things have happened on the Internet with pricing.  A couple of years ago Lowes had BEESR's for $59.99 on their website, at that time the BEESR retailed for $179.99.  My sister called me right away and had me check it out, so I go to the Lowes website on my iPad and it was $179.99.  I called her back and said the deal must be gone, she checked again on her computer and got the web page that showed it at $59.99.  So she emailed me the link, I click on that link from my iPad and again got the page that showed it at $179.99.  So I go to my laptop and click on the same link in the same email that I did from my iPad and up pops the page that showed the BEESR at $59.99......Go figure!!!  Anyway I jumped on it and got a $179.99 unit for $59.99 AND I got a 10% discount using the same coupon code my sister used to buy hers. Then she ordered another one at the $59.99 price minus the 10% for her daughter.  We ended up getting 3 BEESR's for the price of one.   Two days later that web page with the $59.99 BEESR was gone.
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline DWard51

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »
Well, got up this morning and went to check to see what time the local store opened.  Guess what, it's back to $179 again.   :(

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 11:07:25 AM »
Well, got up this morning and went to check to see what time the local store opened.  Guess what, it's back to $179 again.   :(

Yep, that's what I see also $179, guess that deal is finally over.  >:(
----------------------