Author Topic: Zaycon Chicken Delivery dates moved  (Read 659 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Zaycon Chicken Delivery dates moved
« Reply #-1 on: September 20, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Check your email,we got this
-----------------

Zaycon customers who refer their friends earn Zaycon Credits which can be used towards their next purchase. Find out more by clicking on the "Referrals" link on your Zaycon Account Page.

This is not the usual email from Zaycon Foods – this is what it looks like when a company is honest with its customers. Please take a minute to read this message; it affects all of us.

We are seeing truly unprecedented circumstances in the protein commodity markets this fall; in fact, they are turned upside down. You can see it on the news, in stories online and in print, or simply by checking meat prices at your local grocery store: the extremely short supplies in the beef and pork markets have now pushed into the chicken market, and demand for chicken is up more than 17% nationwide.

This squeeze on the market has not merely reduced supply, it has completely changed production forecasts, impacting the production ability of suppliers of beef, pork, and chicken products. These unforeseen circumstances have caused a marked shift in the availability of products this fall.

Zaycon is committed to getting you quality foods at the lowest prices possible. There’s no trick to how we keep pricing so low: we give you the best prices the going market rates allow. And we always try to secure as much inventory as our customers want. As our events near the point of selling out, usually we just order more truckloads from our suppliers. This fall, the inventory is simply not there.

Given the reality of current supply circumstances, we simply must raise the price of our chicken to $2.49 per pound. This is, in all honesty, the smallest increase we can possibly make without actually losing money on this sale.

And there’s more: given the strained supply of chicken available right now, we must move the deliveries scheduled to start in early October to the end of the month.

To be very clear, all past sales will be honored at the price you paid: if you have already ordered your cases of chicken, your event’s date is moving, but your price will not. The new pricing only affects future orders.

Please know that we are working hard to minimize the impact this change will have on you: your deliveries will occur at the same locations and on the same days of the week, but with the dates moved approximately three weeks later.

We will send details about these adjustments soon; please stay tuned to your email, texts, and our Facebook page for updates. Also, for the record: once we can lower pricing again, we’ll do it.

You have our heartfelt thanks for the understanding and loyalty our customers never fail to show us.

Team Zaycon
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Pappymn

« on: September 20, 2014, 04:23:03 PM »
I received my email today. I take them at their word on the price increase. I'll bet that was not an easy email to send.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline spuds

Re: Zaycon Chicken Delivery dates moved
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »
I believe they will lose money on the 1.89 contracts.Or the suppliers will honor the contracts in place hopefully for them.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:02:10 PM »
Last time I was in Sam's Club, about a week ago, boneless-skinless chicken breast were $1.89/lb. I can't see ordering from Zaycon when I have the convience of buying at Sam's Club for now less than what they are going to charge, that's if Sam's Club doesn't raise it's prices.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:32:24 PM »
Thats a good price Ralph,hope ya got some!Chicken prices going up around here,but still get loss leader ads.

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 04:28:03 PM »
For over a month now, I have been able to get boneless, skinless breasts for $1.99 a pound at Walmart, similar to Sam's.  The Zaycon price at $2.49 does not make it worth it to drive to get them, and then have to freeze the larger quantities you get.  The Walmart meat is fresh, not frozen, and the meat is good.  The Zaycon marketing concept seems good but the prices for chicken are not.  I have not compared their other meats, and they may be more competitive.

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »
Yeah, this past weekend I got two 5 lb. yardbirds for nine and change at Sam's.

And hell, even Harris-Teeter - arguably the highest priced of the big chain grocers in our region - has whole fryers on sale for 89¢ lb. (a savings of 80¢ lb.).  I know their cut up stuff is probably quite a bit higher, though.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline spuds

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »
Got mine.Very large,2 attached.Only a few had any skin left,very clean,havent cooked any yet.

We put 2 in each large ziplock sandwich bag.

They also had some available if signed in by midnight day before delivery,and at 1.89/lb,so might check for some late sales in your area.

I'll buy em again.

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »
Got mine today. Looks good! Absolutely huge though
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109