Author Topic: Cuisinart Outdoor Pizza Oven  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Pappymn

Cuisinart Outdoor Pizza Oven
« Reply #-1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »
Ok, this looks really interesting. Would love some of our pizza experts to weigh in.

http://www.cnet.com/news/keep-the-pizza-party-going-with-this-cuisinart-pizza-oven/#ftag=CAD590a51e
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Cuisinart Outdoor Pizza Oven
« on: October 28, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
I prefer to use wood or charcoal for pizza. The taste of a pizza from a wood fired oven is tops for me. But - that is a personal preference thing Pap.

If you like THIN crust pizzas ( Napoli style ) that are not loaded with toppings, the Uuni is as portable as it gets. No gas tank needed. But - if you like a thicker crust - and to load up the toppings....maybe something different that does not cook as hot as the Uuni ( which can hit 900-950F ) so that the crust and toppings have time to cook before they are burnt on the extremes of the edges and top/bottom. Anything in the 400-600F range should work well for that thicker style.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:41:10 PM »
Cool portable oven. I had given them the hairy eyeball as Smoke would say before. I like Cuisinart products and that one has great reviews.

Would I trade it for my Uuni? Nope. Just can't get that wood fired flavor with gas even with smoking chips ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:45:41 PM »
It certainly looks interesting.  But, I like my wood fired Uuni 2.  My wife and I had a wood fired pizza when we met Tim for lunch today.  The thin crust with some smoked onions, homemade tomato sauce, homemade semi-spicy sausage, and a touch of shredded cheese was really good.  This was from a seriously big wood fired pizza oven.  I watched the guy stoking the fire when we walked in.  Logs like you would use in a fireplace.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline pz

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 12:47:30 AM »
Although I don't own one, I would go with the Uuni 2 as well.  Cuisinart makes great products that work well and I doubt that this one would be any different.  However as far as portability, the Uuni 2 is the winner because you need not lug around a heavy propane canister - price is about a wash too when you consider the cost of another propane bottle.  Plus, working with wood and having to tend the pizza (i.e., rotating it so it doesn't burn) is lots more fun than the more automated gas way.