Author Topic: Rock "n" Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Rock "n" Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon
« Reply #-1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
I ran/walked/crawled in the Las Vegas half marathon last night night.  Here are my <a href="http://running.competitor.com/cgiresults?eId=27&eiId=223&seId=762&pId=172031">results</a>.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Rock "n" Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon
« on: November 17, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
Great job Ralph! 13.1 miles does not sound like a lot until you try running it. I commend anyone who completes it no matter their time!

How you feeling? I was sore for a couple days after mine a few weeks ago.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
Great Ralph or Cajun as I usually call you!!! I would have trouble doing a block! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline nylic76

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
Impressive Ralph.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »
Way to go.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
Great job Ralph! 13.1 miles does not sound like a lot until you try running it. I commend anyone who completes it no matter their time!

How you feeling? I was sore for a couple days after mine a few weeks ago.

My legs were understandably a little stiff this morning when I woke up but once I got moving around they got better, I usually recover after a day.  I obviously skipped my workout session today with my trainer at the gym, I will see him again on Thursday for some more torture.

Although this run wasn't my PR it was an improvement over my last run, by 38 minutes, in AZ in Jan.  I wasn't doing so well over the past couple of years.  I previously ran a half in 2:27 and things went downhill after that, but leg injuries are improving and I'm working on getting under three hours and then back to a PR.

----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline RAD

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »
Way to go. Not an easy run.
Love to cook and eat

Offline hikerman

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:16 PM »
Hey way to go buddy!  I bet you were a wee bit thirsty after that run?

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »
WOW, Fantastic, Totally Amazing, Well Done ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

You bet I was and the only free beer they offer at the finish line was Mich Ultra, I used that stuff to wash down the chocolate milk I had just a few minutes before.  Then I had to redeem myself by going to one of my favorite brewpubs for a late night dinner and some good craft beers after I went home, cleaned up, and changed clothes.  Had an Oktoberfest for an appetizer, a Red Ale for the main coarse, and a Porter for dessert, there was a steak cooked rare somewhere in there too. ;)
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 10:39:19 PM »
Excellent Ralph,  sounds like you had one heckova day!   8)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

You bet I was and the only free beer they offer at the finish line was Mich Ultra, I used that stuff to wash down the chocolate milk I had just a few minutes before.  Then I had to redeem myself by going to one of my favorite brewpubs for a late night dinner and some good craft beers after I went home, cleaned up, and changed clothes.  Had an Oktoberfest for an appetizer, a Red Ale for the main coarse, and a Porter for dessert, there was a steak cooked rare somewhere in there too. ;)

Sounds like a good end! You probably burned nearly 2000 calories in that run!

After my last half marathon I polished off almost two racks of ribs and all the fixins... And 5 Chimays :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 11:38:16 PM »

Sounds like a good end! You probably burned nearly 2000 calories in that run!

After my last half marathon I polished off almost two racks of ribs and all the fixins... And 5 Chimays :P

I'll have to have me some ribs ready to go after my next one, that sounds like a great plan.  ;)
----------------------

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39:27 PM »
Ralph,
Way to go!!  Wish I could do something like that.  Too many back issues and leg issues.  I'd be on the golf cart pacing you.  Probably holding a nice cold one in front of you for incentive.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 11:52:17 PM »
Ralph,
Way to go!!  Wish I could do something like that.  Too many back issues and leg issues.  I'd be on the golf cart pacing you.  Probably holding a nice cold one in front of you for incentive.

Art

Art, I had the same issues, mostly with leg injury when I took up running 6-7 years ago.  Then about three years ago I went to a running clinic on <a href="http://www.chirunning.com/what-is-chirunning/">Chi running</a>, since I adapted to this style of running the injury has diminished.
----------------------