Author Topic: Anyone heard from Saber 4  (Read 3099 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Anyone heard from Saber 4
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »
Howdy All,

I am still living, the new job in the Capitol is great but it's like trying to sip water from a fire hose while wrestling with an octopus. I did manage to score 2 new SRG's out of the deal though. The wife wouldn't let me take ours down to Austin so she could learn to cook on it so she told me to order a new one and have it shipped straight to the rent house. Then out of the blue a guy on Craigslist that had a new in box unit that we had asked about months ago sent her an email asking if we still wanted it. Long story short, he took our first offer of a hundred bucks so it's sitting at home waiting until I need it.

Well....I don't know whether to be happy...or sad for him. :D Politics is like wrestling a hog. Noble, perhaps if there is a purposeful outcome - but regardless, it is a muddy. smelly mess..... ;D ;)

It is like wrestling with a hog, you both get filthy but the hog loves it.... I've actually got a good honest surgeon for a boss so it's a fairly easy job from his end. The problems are dealing with all of the people who think they are smart enough to fool everyone with their hidden agenda's.

The nice thing is Texas was smart enough to limit the legislature to a 140 day session every two years so they can't mess to much up in that short a time but you have to stay on your toes because it happens so fast. Sometimes we wish it was a 2 day session every 140 years.... ;D

Hopefully as we get everything in the office better organized I can have some time to sneak over here and keep in touch.

Hey Tommy, do I need a Tommy Ring in the newer model's like I do in my old one? I've got to get a new one for my old unit since it's been used so much the ring burned out completely.

Never hurts to have a Tommy Ring ;)          If you need to raise the basket or add more smoke than the box will provide then YES.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone heard from Saber 4
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »
X3
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32