Author Topic: Sold my car yesterday  (Read 2454 times)

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
Re: Sold my car yesterday
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 07:03:19 PM »
With that low mileage I'm not surprised! I would have jumped on it in a second. I spent a month or two this last summer shopping for a first car for my teenager in that year-range (2004-2007) and had a hard time finding less than 100K miles...

I hate car shopping.
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
With that low mileage I'm not surprised! I would have jumped on it in a second. I spent a month or two this last summer shopping for a first car for my teenager in that year-range (2004-2007) and had a hard time finding less than 100K miles...

I hate car shopping.

Yeah people did not believe the mileage was that low but it was. Had a 1.3 mile commute to work for years then when I moved I started the company truck home so it did not get driven at all.

It was my fun car. I used to take the canyon instead of the freeway in it. With the racing suspension  and z rated tires it handled like a dream. Loved driving it. Very little turbo lag and tons of torque. Car had more torque than horsepower.

I know a teenager would love this car but I am glad another 40 year old guy bought it. This car was too fast for a teenage driver. A teenager would probably have an accident in a car that fast.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 07:39:42 PM »
Tough day I am sure.....not easy letting go.......I have a 2004 Dodge Durango that is coming up on 260,000 miles & I need to put $1,600 into it.......The problem is my tailgating stuff fits to the last inch. Problem number two is I am six foot five plus. I am also tall from the waist up so I don't fit in 90% of the new cars, trucks & SUV's.  So I am looking for a 2006-2009 Durango with low miles. Three weeks & no luck!!!! 
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 08:08:27 PM »

I hate car shopping.

Yeah people did not believe the mileage was that low but it was. Had a 1.3 mile commute to work for years then when I moved I started the company truck home so it did not get driven at all.

It was my fun car. I used to take the canyon instead of the freeway in it. With the racing suspension  and z rated tires it handled like a dream. Loved driving it. Very little turbo lag and tons of torque. Car had more torque than horsepower.

I know a teenager would love this car but I am glad another 40 year old guy bought it. This car was too fast for a teenage driver. A teenager would probably have an accident in a car that fast.

You always hate getting rid of your "sporty" car. When my second child was born I took my Datsun 240Z (pre Nissan days) in and traded it for a Ford truck. It was the official end of my youth. I miss that car, it would do 140mph and still have gas pedal left.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline RickB

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 09:34:55 PM »
Jeez..three sets of tires in 24000 miles? I would have sold the damn thing too!! :)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »
You always hate getting rid of your "sporty" car. When my second child was born I took my Datsun 240Z (pre Nissan days) in and traded it for a Ford truck. It was the official end of my youth. I miss that car, it would do 140mph and still have gas pedal left.

Have many fond memories in a 240Z, high school buddy of mine had one back in the 70's.  We did some wild and crazy things in that car, we're lucky we survived those days and graduated from high school. ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)