Author Topic: Hatch chile  (Read 723 times)

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
Hatch chile
« Reply #-1 on: May 20, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »
Anyone have any hatch chile recipes for burgers that they'd like to share and possibly get published on the Fiery-Foods & BBQ SuperSite in an upcoming article.

Thanks!

Mike
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Hatch chile
« on: May 20, 2015, 10:41:50 PM »
I go through about 15 pounds of fresh (green) Hatch chilies a year but I've never used them for burgers. If you're looking for other dishes using them, let me know.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
Thanks for the offer...

I use hatch chiles in a variety of recipes, including burgers, but was reaching out to the LTBBQ family for some inspiration (and an article that has a broader field than just my recipes).

Mike
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:32:49 PM »
Obviously neither of you are from New Mexico!   We go through at LEAST two BUSHELS a year!  We buy ours locally and during the season they set up roasters (propane fired) and roast them for us.   We bag them in plastic bags and they steam on the way home.  We then spend the rest of the day vacuum sealing them.  Our daughter and her family usually come over from Texas.   Sometimes our younger son, too.   We always buy enough and have them roasted so we'll have plenty.   Unfortunately, we often run out by June or sometimes July, so have to resort to frozen.   Can't beat fresh frozen green chili.  We use it on EVERYTHING.  Motto is: "If it doesn't take green chili, it's not worth eating."