Author Topic: "We Can't turn back."  (Read 42138 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
"We Can't turn back."
« Reply #-1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »

"We can't turn back!  We're blazing a trial that started in England.  Not even the storms of the sea could turn back the first settlers.  And they carried it on farther.  They blazed it on through the wilderness of Kentucky.  Famine, hunger, note ever massacres could stop them.  And now we picked up the trail again.  And nothing can stop us!  Not even the snows of winter, nor the peaks of the highest mountain.   We're building a nation and we got to suffer.  No great trail was ever built without hardship.  And you got to fight!  That's right.  And when you stop fighting, that's death.  What are you going to do, lay down and die?  Not in thousands  years!  You're going to go with me!"  John Wayne as Breck Coleman in The Big Trail (1930)

We tend to forget the sacrifices those who went before us made.  It's a shame that the last couple of generations and the ones today have no concept of what it took to make America great.  Somehow we need to get the point across. So, if  you've got some impact on anyone--please try to get them to understand American history and appreciate what we have compared to the rest of the world.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline tailfeathers

• To blessed to be distressed!
"We Can't turn back."
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »
Every prayer I say includes having our country turn back to righteousness and also to appreciate all the blessings we have that are so easily taken for granted.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 rack digital w/ 900w mod
auber pid
Rec Tec 680
Ducane gasser
weber kettles
Anova precision SV
Kitchenaide mixer/chef's choice grinder
LEM stuffer
Vacmaster VP112 chamber sealer
A-maze-n Qmatz/tubes
Cabela's 10" slicer
Cook-Air grill
Cabela's 80L dehydrator

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: "We Can't turn back."
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »
Amen!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 10:42:59 PM »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

"We Can't turn back."
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »

Every prayer I say includes having our country turn back to righteousness and also to appreciate all the blessings we have that are so easily taken for granted.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

We will only be destroyed from within.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 12:09:41 AM »
Dee,my family were border Scots who had their land stolen and were forced out of Scotland to Ireland and then to America. This was in the 1600's. They made their way to NC, then GA and had their land stolen after the Civil War and moved to Alabama with nothing. We have always kept God first, then our family and clan, then our country. All those have been pretty much the same thing and equal to us. Our current society seems to be trying to destroy them all. God, Family, Country. If you can keep them first you can leave this world knowing you lived a good life.

Hey, it is11pm on Saturday night, I am rambling.

Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »
This current young generation is the "have it right now" one.

They expect their first job out of college to be at the highest pay. God forbid you have to prove yourself and work your way up at a company.

They don't understand what competition really is because they were taught not to keep score. I guess they got too many 10th place trophies.

They no longer cherish and respect the importance of friends and family or respecting others. They are more concerned about themselves than others. I never see them even hold the door for others or give up their seat when a pregnant women is standing near them.

The people who built this country worked long hours and for low pay to give us what we have today. They have no idea the struggles people had!

Ok rant over :P

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven