Author Topic: Computer question  (Read 517 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Computer question
« Reply #-1 on: September 27, 2015, 09:52:39 PM »
Not food related. Has anyone updated to Windows 10? I can get a free upgrade for "a limited time".  I normally let any Microsoft software release run for a while so they can get all the bugs they should have caught in testing worked out.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:41:16 AM by TwoPockets »
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Computer question
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »
I like windows 10 compared to windows 8.1. Has a lot of excellent fixes. I still have to use windows 7 professional at work because they have not upgraded. I prefer windows 10.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:35:34 PM »
I loaded Win 10 and went back to Win 7 but now win 10 keeps wanting to install. I tried all I found on the net to disable it or get rid of it. I did like Win 10 for the little I used it. My win 7 is the home premium with Cable TV and win 10 does not support it. From what I read all will eventually lose the cable TV something to do about copyright I think.

It is causing me enough headaches I am going to install it soon. If you do be sure and export your e-mail contacts to a folder you know where it is. I could not get my contacts in win 10 e-mail program but I have the exported now. From my experience if you download it you are stuck with it. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:57:56 AM »
OK with 10 so far.  A couple of driver issues that will work themselves out as vendors update them, but everything is working OK.  Biggest issue is the automatic Windows Update thing.  I have three updates that have been failing once a day since I upgraded.  In the old world, they would have went on the ignore list.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 02:03:35 AM »
No win 10 for me.When Im forced to I'll be strictly linux instead.Tired of Gates' tricks,and 10 is not nice if you value your privacy,IMO.
Reading they are loading it to machines without consent,people with limited bandwidth found they were over on usage,traced back to MS.Bill wants the world on 10,and will get it for windows users.

Bud has neighbor with older machine,went 10 and machine running terribly....now another Linux convert has joined the fold.

Just built my new computer,its dual boot,windows or linux.Has win 7 home premium for limited reasons....64 bit,can see 16 gigs ram,and ONLY windows runs my Kodak photo program that I live for because its super simple to manipulate photos,rest of my world is Linux.Oh,also have windows so I can get my fix of BSOD.

Can you tell this boy is not a windows fan?

This message brought to you by Ubuntu 14.04,firefox and thunderbird mail.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.