Author Topic: Lentil Bolognese  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Lentil Bolognese
« Reply #-1 on: November 15, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »
Nov 15 2015

Our son and daughter in law signed up for getting Blue Apron meals delivered to the door each week. Since they both work they thought they would try it out. They liked them and after seeing a pic on Facebook of some shrimp purloo they fixed I was kind of impressed.

Our son offered me one meal; lentil Bolognese, he doesn’t like lentils and she is not crazy about Bolognese. I said no at first then thought I didn’t have anything planned for Sunday so I said I would try it. When I got all the stuff out tonight I was impressed, it had everything you needed accept oil salt and pepper including a nice color print of the directions. The veggies were all nice and fresh.

They get 3 meals a week for $20 each and it is enough to feed two. You can hardly go out to eat anywhere and get a meal for $10 and after I thought about it’s a great way to try new dishes and you don’t have to grocery shop. You don’t have any leftover veggies to try and use up later and it even includes any spices used. I am in no way trying to sell this just thought some of you working couples might like it.

I checked out the different meals on the sight and it does look good. This meal I had was vegetarian but I did like it; it even included 2 Tbs. of butter needed and a small bottle of Verjus Rouge. I wasn’t sure what it was so looked it up and it’s made from wine grapes pressed but not fermented. Says it’s not as acidic as using wine vinegar. I think you can design the meals you want, they have all the meats; different world cuisine, different diets and vegetarian. This would have been nice back when the wife and I both worked.

My wife was not going to eat any and I said you have to at least try it. She liked it and said she would eat it tomorrow night! There is plenty left.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Lentil Bolognese
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:52:34 AM »
I thought they were more expensive than that, guess it dpends on what you buy. Looks real good to me, I like that kind of stuff.  Pam. ;*))
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:40:50 AM »
Looks very tasty.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muralboy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:38 AM »
Good looking meal. In addition to the convenience and apparent value, it seems like it would be a good thing for a newbie cook, helping them expand their menu repertoire, learn about different spices and styles of cooking
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:33:21 AM by muralboy »
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 08:43:36 AM »
Looks really good Don! Nice and healthy meal.

This can work really well for on the go families that would have normally ordered take out or fast food instead.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 09:36:09 AM »
Good looking meal.

I know a few people that use it, but they all live in the city where food shopping is harder.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »
Interesting.
PBC