Author Topic: College Football.....  (Read 1795 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
College Football.....
« Reply #-1 on: November 21, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »
Ohio St loses to a field goal against Michigan St with 3 seconds to go....Baylor eating up OK State 31-14 so far ....at least the Sooners holding up so far.....Adams throws for 6 TDs and Oregon beats USC 48-28...Go Ducks, QUACK!!!!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

Re: College Football.....
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »
Thought there was more interest here on the topic.The Sooners game came down to TCU needing a 2 point conversion with 51 seconds to go to win it,WOW!.They didnt get it and this big sooner fan quite happy.
I like College,boy do they get good games.

Boy are they clobbering Ohio st for losing one game after what was it,a 23 game winning streak?

Boy did Baylor look good!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline slojoe

• Retired and lovin it
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »
Yeah, how 'bout them LSU kitty cats
Joe, Navy vet '61-70, Life NRA

Offline spuds

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
Was a great week! Lots of activity,lots of upsets....wowie!

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/11/lsu_drops_out_of_coaches_top_2_1.html#incart_river_index

The Tigers (7-3, 4-3 in SEC play) lost their third straight game to fall out of the poll for the first time since last season. LSU, which was ranked No. 17 last week, received 82 voting points, the most of any unranked team.

Clemson (11-0) remained No. 1 while Alabama (10-1) moved up to No. 2 after Ohio State's upset loss to Michigan State. Iowa (11-0) moved up three spots to No. 3 while Notre Dame (10-1) and Oklahoma (10-1) round out the top five.

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
Love college football !!!!

ROLL TIDE !!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:19:39 PM by jjjonz »
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:12 PM »
It was a great Saturday for football. Lots of great games. And - some surprises - that will affect the playoff picture for sure.

Geography is a funny thing...Clemson - which is the closest big university to me - is ranked No#1....and undefeated thus far. And - in the NFL - the Carolina Panthers are now 10-0....Pretty rare to have both a college and pro team only a couple of hours apart - both leading their leagues.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:28:56 PM »
It was a good football weekend with some surprises especially Ohio State. I think Clemson will finish the regular season in the #1 spot and hopefully Alabama will make it into the 4 team playoff. As for the Panthers, when they drafted Cam Newton I thought there is a waste of good talent on a crappy team. They have surely turned around. I don't watch much pro football, but I will be pulling for the Panthers.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »
I think you are right Ken - and I suspect we will see Alabama in the playoffs.  I watched that Carolina game today - they are for real this time. When they were a new team - I think their 2nd or 3rd season...they made it to the NFC championship game - and lost to the Packers. But - they built the team on the back of mature, free agent players that did not have many more competitive years in them. Then the team fell into sad shape.
Coincidentally - the 1st Head coach for Carolina was Dom Capers. Who is the Defensive Coordinator for green Bay currently.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 10:17:42 PM »
Ohio State is getting punished because of their schedule. A lot of folks rated them higher than the schedule dictated based upon potential. The thought was that while they didn't really play anyone and struggled some, they would rise to the challenge when they played the tougher teams at the end of their schedule. Now that they failed, just as they were probably overrated based upon their achievements they will probably get over punished by the voters.

I couldn't help but find it interesting about the complaining by the Ohio state players complaining. It had me wondering if Zeke was complaining because the team lost or his that his Heisman chances were hurt by not getting the opportunity to show what he could do against a tougher opponent.

This weekend will be interesting as anything can happen on rivalry weekend. Could make for some interesting championship games.

As far as LSU, not just because I am a Bama fan, I agree with Corso that the Bama game knocked something out of them. Did they lose heart when their chances for the SEC west were diminished?
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.