Author Topic: Where to purchase Pellets  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Countryboy72

Where to purchase Pellets
« Reply #-1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:46:04 AM »
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, where to buy pellets ? From the Sumas Border crossing, Bellingham to Battle Ground , over to Mollala Oregon. Wil be travelling down I-5.

Offline Countryboy72

Re: Where to purchase Pellets
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:59:14 AM »
Found Cookin Pellets in Lynden, WA so far

Offline muralboy

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:27:12 AM »
That's a good one. Their Perfect Mix is my everyday pellet.
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »

X2 on Cookin Pellets.  I order them via Amazon Prime shipping, but if you can pick them up in person, you can get a great deal.

Their 100% Hickory rocks as well..

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 11:44:32 AM »
I live in the Seattle area and I buy them from a guy out in Woodinville - he is very close to the Woodinville Costco.  He stocks a few different brands in several varieties (I personally like the BBQ-ers Delight) you can get in touch with him through the Green Mountain Grill website if you type in zip code 98012 to locate dealers - Duck's Pellet Grills - nice guy - sells out of his home stocks a LOT of pellets and gives discount on 5 bags or more.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
Kudos on Cookin Pellets. I use Perfect Mix myself and love the flavor and very low ash.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 12:24:52 PM »
Kudos on Cookin Pellets. I use Perfect Mix myself and love the flavor and very low ash.

a big X2....get Amazon Prime...the yearly fee pays for itself very quickly with the free shipping
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Countryboy72

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
Thanks guys. Looks like I can get Pacific pellets Gourmet Blend(from a dealer)Lumber Jack(get in on a group buy)and Cookin Pellets(just have a skid shipped in and pick it up along the way.) Several flavors of Pacific pellets, another dealer near the end of my road trip.

Of the three brands which one would you say produces the lowest amount of ash, fewest clinkers, consistent smoke/flavor, good heat.

One other question I do have is how well do pellets store, for long periods of time ? Do they lose smoke flavor over time, not burn as well the longer they sit ? They would be stored in an insulated garage. Not sure how long it would take me to go through 600#'s either. I know moisture is one of the biggest enemies of pellets.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:57:30 PM by Countryboy72 »

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »

I've had great luck with both Cookin Pellets and Lumberjack.  Similar ash from either brand.   The 100% hickory (or whatever) pellets will create more ash then the oak blends.

Just make sure they are up off of the floor, as they will pull moisture out of the concrete.

Offline Countryboy72

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:39:57 AM »
Just ordered #600 of Cookin Pellets, Perfect Mix Blend. I will give them a serious try. Because I don't have easy access to a pellet supply, having to go state side to get most brands. Having a pallet shipped with the larger quantity,  It was the best,easiest and most economical choice. Ordered a 12" Amazen pellet tube smoker, some specialty blends from the also. Makes the trip more worth while. Picking up the new grill is the icing on the cake

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 09:35:59 AM »
Perhaps you can get to know some of the pellet grill users in your area - and ban together to place larger orders in order to save more money?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 12:38:02 PM »
Just ordered #600 of Cookin Pellets, Perfect Mix Blend. I will give them a serious try. Because I don't have easy access to a pellet supply, having to go state side to get most brands. Having a pallet shipped with the larger quantity,  It was the best,easiest and most economical choice. Ordered a 12" Amazen pellet tube smoker, some specialty blends from the also. Makes the trip more worth while. Picking up the new grill is the icing on the cake

Great call. Perfect mix is a winner. The only other pellet mix I like as much is Green Mountain Gold.  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Countryboy72

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 03:54:09 PM »
I have a couple guys that I work with, that have Traeger's. I will see if they want to try some of these pellets. I would definitely say that I am the hard core smoker of the bunch lol

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 05:30:26 PM »
Cash and carry sell bear mountain pellets. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Countryboy72

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 04:23:32 AM »
Sparky, there is a cash & carry just after I cross the border. I might have to stop in and check it out, grab a few bags. I am going to be well stocked on pellets before I head for home. Good thing is, I am taking the 3500 Silverado