Author Topic: Gourmet BBQ (?)  (Read 2653 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: Gourmet BBQ (?)
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »
Well, if you like that, here's one with a little kick . . . .

I just had a temporary desire to Panko bread these and deep fry'em.   Hope it goes away before I get to the camp tomorrow.

BD
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 12:20:54 PM »
Not sure what to say...

Art

I'm marking this date down!  Lol :D
But I'm with you Art!

So, Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his shadow and Art is without words . . . . definitely going to be mild winter ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 01:31:55 AM »
I am just an old dumb country boy but I bet I have popped hundreds of tops on cans of potted meat and Vienna sausages. When you are camped on a riverbank for a weekend and your ice chest only has room for beer, some potted meat on a cracker with a cold beer makes a fine dinner when you are sitting around a fire and telling lies.  Split some Vienna sausages and fry them in a skillet and add some eggs and you have a fine breakfast. I still keep them around the house and enjoy them on the weekends.

"you are camped on a riverbank for a weekend and your ice chest only has room for beer, some potted meat on a cracker with a cold beer makes a fine dinner".
The same goes for fishing trips , canned meat/seafood products , crackers and beer just work... 
It actually amazing how good canned herring and crackers are when sitting on a boat 50 miles out in the gulf...

Terry, if you will take me out in the Gulf fishing I will bring all the canned herring, sardines and crackers you want. I will also be in the beer and Tabasco sauce because I have to have it for the herring.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware