Author Topic: Colonoscopy day  (Read 5558 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Colonoscopy day
« Reply #-1 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »
So I went in for a colonoscopy today. I drank the "parfait" (they call it ) last night which supposedly taste like grape. And if you only had to drink two tablespoons of it , it would..but that second bottle gets thick...
The cool thing is they are useing a new anesthesia that is sooo much better than before.
 They hit you with it and then you wake  up 30 minutes later still in the same conversation you were when it started. But wait... Your in another room with different people...
 You get up get dressed  and it's like it never happened. No lingering drunkin state at all.
This is a great thing!
I tried to get them to knock me back out until about 3 so I could get some really good sleep but they wouldn't go for it....

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Colonoscopy day
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:24:55 PM »
That is good to know. I have been putting off my first one for months. I am going to get mine scheduled now after reading about your experience. Thanks  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:01 PM »
That is good to know. I have been putting off my first one for months. I am going to get mine scheduled now after reading about your experience. Thanks  :)
Don't put it off, I have had three  ??? so far not that bad really.   The "Drink" is the worse part as long as you have an early morning appointment if not you have to wait to eat till then  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   Done that one time no more I'll get there at 4 AM if I have to 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »
Don't put it off, I have had three  ??? so far not that bad really.   The "Drink" is the worse part as long as you have an early morning appointment if not you have to wait to eat till then  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   Done that one time no more I'll get there at 4 AM if I have to

Agree with Tommy 100%. Whatever the new drug is, it is total euphoria when I wake up or am aware.

Offline Kona

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »
story of my life, I had Ulcerative Colitis for 16 years and have lost count of the Colonoscopies I've had lol, gotta love that clean out process  :-X
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »

Me too.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline hikerman

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 02:56:07 PM »
Fellas.......GO!
No pain no nothing....could save your lives!

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »
Good to know Terry! I'll be turning 50 here in a matter of days, and I already know it's coming with my next doctor's visit,  ???, so I'll be asking about that anesthesia.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
I agree I had bleeding a few months ago & have been having tests including that one. I am now fine as the bleeding went away by itself :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)....Some tough moments the last two & a half months
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
Good to know Terry! I'll be turning 50 here in a matter of days, and I already know it's coming with my next doctor's visit,  ???, so I'll be asking about that anesthesia.

Doctor told me it is a gift for turning 50. My old Dr. never had me do one...I am now 55 so I better get it scheduled......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 03:59:59 PM »
I have been putting it off a long time. Even though my dad had colon cancer and my brother recently died from complications of it. My mom died of medastatic cancer.
 What prompted me to go now is a coworker had to be rushed to the ER bleeding. Lost so much blood they took out almost all his colon just to stop it. Turned out to be diverticulitis.
 I figured I'd be pretty stupid if I drug around now and something came up. 
Besides Kerry made the appointment and told me when I was to be there...  ::)
 At any rate Smoke , Tent and others... If your around 50 get it done. Your members of our family here you know.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 04:23:26 PM »
This might the most important thread on the forum. Me and Wendy will be married for only two years this August and I want to have so much more time with her. Don't want to do anything on my part to shorten it. I will post back when the appt is made.  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline hikerman

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »
My father had colon cancer, he survived but it changed his life. So when I got to be 48 my doctor, (my dad's as well) said he wanted me to get a colonoscopy. Well I fought and fought over it.  My doctor is the same age as me, so when I was nearing 50 he said he would line up the appt. for me and he would get one too, telling me a new drug they use makes it very hard to keep saying no. Well I agreed, how could I not? We both went in (seperately) and I had the prettiest doctor doing the proceedure. They found a polyp that was removed. It was tested and was benign. But allowed to grow, it may have become cancerous. So now I go when they tell me, my third one will be in August. We owe it to all who love us to fight this terrible disease called cancer, by getting this painless exam!  Please go fellas and good luck to all!

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 08:06:10 PM »
Well, I've had three of 'em - maybe four - that medicine made me forget the last one.

I always try to see how long I can stay awake after the "juice" goes in.  It doesn't take long.

I agree with you that they keep improving.  I went straight from the center to IHOP for breakfast with Deb (she wouldn't let me drive).

Like the ole boy sez:  "Git 'er done!"
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 10:45:03 AM »
I am 65 and it has been at least 25 years since I had one. I don't remember any anesthesia other than them saying "this might be a little uncomfortable", that was an understatement for sure. If they are giving good drugs now I may go back. 
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware