Author Topic: grill pad and cover  (Read 1441 times)

Offline fishingbouchman

grill pad and cover
« Reply #-1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:57:23 AM »
Looking at getting a grill and would like to put a pad under it to keep it from mucking up the deck.  Is there one better than another?  Any suggestions? 

I also live in WA state.  lots of rain.  grill cover would keep the rain off but with all the moisture it won't keep it dry.  is it better to cover or should i keep it uncovered to let it dry off? 

thanks,
Mikal
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: grill pad and cover
« on: March 29, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
Mikal, I have one I got at Lowe's under my pellet smoker that sets on my deck. It is made with a cement product; the only one I could find that was fire resistant. I got the rectangle one and they also make a round one. It has held up nice, think I have had it about 4 yrs now.. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
Mikal, I have one I got at Lowe's under my pellet smoker that sets on my deck. It is made with a cement product; the only one I could find that was fire resistant. I got the rectangle one and they also make a round one. It has held up nice, think I have had it about 4 yrs now.. Don

Sounds like the same one that I have. Mine is 3 yrs old and looks practically new. About once a month spray-wash it, although Bella tends to keep it free of anything that may have fallen from the grill! Very good product! Mine is about 42"X30" paid i think $35.00 at Home Depot.

Offline Pappymn

grill pad and cover
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 01:42:32 PM »
Amazon carries some very heavy and well made covers that have vents for breathing
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
I definitely cover and then uncover after snow and rain and let everything dry out.  The Cover Store on-line has real nice covers as well.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
Amazon carries some very heavy and well made covers that have vents for breathing

Are they better than the weber ones?   
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »
The best line of grill covers I've found are Classic Accessories Veranda. I've got one that's been on my SRG since '09 (outside) and another on my CB IR 3-banger (on a covered deck) since '10. Both still doin' the job (and doing it well). I'll order one for my kettle as soon as the Weber one wears out or I get tired of the way it fits. Of course my climate is more moderate than many so YMMV.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Pappymn

grill pad and cover
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:14 PM »
The best line of grill covers I've found are Classic Accessories Veranda. I've got one that's been on my SRG since '09 (outside) and another on my CB IR 3-banger (on a covered deck) since '10. Both still doin' the job (and doing it well). I'll order one for my kettle as soon as the Weber one wears out or I get tired of the way it fits. Of course my climate is more moderate than many so YMMV.

The Turtle nailed it. Those are the ones I meant.  Too lazy to find a link
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pappymn

grill pad and cover
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »

Are they better than the weber ones?

Much better
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »
...made with a cement product... rectangle one and they also make a round one.

... 42"X30" paid i think $35.00 at Home Depot.

Sounds like you're talking about "The Original Grill Pad" - about $35-40 online for the 42 x 30 and a few bucks less for the 30" round. Oh, except that for some reason Home Depot has the round one only tagged at UNDER $10 (at least they did a few hours ago when I bought one).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline hikerman

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 11:22:09 AM »
...made with a cement product... rectangle one and they also make a round one.

... 42"X30" paid i think $35.00 at Home Depot.

Sounds like you're talking about "The Original Grill Pad" - about $35-40 online for the 42 x 30 and a few bucks less for the 30" round. Oh, except that for some reason Home Depot has the round one only tagged at UNDER $10 (at least they did a few hours ago when I bought one).

Turtle did you get it for 10 bucks then?