Author Topic: 10 minute cold brewer  (Read 909 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: 10 minute cold brewer
« on: August 03, 2016, 12:30:03 PM »
I am given to believe that just like good BBQ....nothing "good" happens fast....it tkes time to vet to best from BBQ or CBC
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
Wondering if a vacuum canister can simulate this process?

I have a vacuum tumbler. May have to try that. Tumbling under vacuum for 10 minutes might do the trick...
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »
...nothing "good" happens fast...

That's not what you used to say. As I recall, you told us, "It was fast, it was good for me, and, since she charged by the minute, it was cheap."
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
...nothing "good" happens fast...

That's not what you used to say. As I recall, you told us, "It was fast, it was good for me, and, since she charged by the minute, it was cheap."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline DWard51

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »

I have a vacuum tumbler. May have to try that. Tumbling under vacuum for 10 minutes might do the trick...

I was wondering the same thing.  They said it was "vacuum infusion" that made the 10 minute thing possible.  I'm thinking 10 minutes in a mason jar under vacuum from the Food Saver might work and be more appropriately sized than the large vac tumbler.  Can it be that simple? Just need to figure out what their grind to water ratio is before we try this (may have to wait until their user manual is published).

Besides, the wife will make me sleep outside with the smokers/grills if I bring home another gadget for the kitchen.  Too many bugs at night for that in GA.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »

I was wondering the same thing.  They said it was "vacuum infusion" that made the 10 minute thing possible.  I'm thinking 10 minutes in a mason jar under vacuum from the Food Saver might work and be more appropriately sized than the large vac tumbler.  Can it be that simple? Just need to figure out what their grind to water ratio is before we try this (may have to wait until their user manual is published).

Besides, the wife will make me sleep outside with the smokers/grills if I bring home another gadget for the kitchen.  Too many bugs at night for that in GA.

Thing is not available until 2017 if they get funding so a manual might be far off. I might try on my next cold brew batch and see if it works. I am just going to try the same ratio/grind I normally use. That way I can compare strength with standard cold brewing.
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC