Author Topic: Cover for Big Easy SRG just arrived!  (Read 2247 times)

Offline junep

Cover for Big Easy SRG just arrived!
« Reply #-1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »
My Charbroil now has a decent cover and the old blanket can return to the back of my Highlander for my dog Bodhi!

I got it for a good price on Amazon and with my Prime Account it got here in two days. It's heavy and a good fit and looks a lot better than with that old, baby blue blanket!

Last night I had a great time checking a lot of older messages here and saved some of recipes for rubs, marinades and injections that I'll be able to try soon. I also found that for chicken, it's best to use fruit wood like apple,etc.,  so I'll have to make another visit to the local hardware store, because I think what I have on hand is hickory which I used in my Weber kettle the couple of times I used it.  The article said hickory and other hard woods aren't good to use for something delicate items like chicken. There is a lot to learn!
Conformity is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Cover for Big Easy SRG just arrived!
« on: August 31, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
My Charbroil now has a decent cover and the old blanket can return to the back of my Highlander for my dog Bodhi!

I got it for a good price on Amazon and with my Prime Account it got here in two days. It's heavy and a good fit and looks a lot better than with that old, baby blue blanket!

Last night I had a great time checking a lot of older messages here and saved some of recipes for rubs, marinades and injections that I'll be able to try soon. I also found that for chicken, it's best to use fruit wood like apple,etc.,  so I'll have to make another visit to the local hardware store, because I think what I have on hand is hickory which I used in my Weber kettle the couple of times I used it.  The article said hickory and other hard woods aren't good to use for something delicate items like chicken. There is a lot to learn!
If you can find grape vines use those.  They give a nice wine "sorta" flavor to chicken
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »

If you can find grape vines use those.  They give a nice wine "sorta" flavor to chicken

Grape vines you say,  never thought of that! Grape idea! :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »

Just let them dry out a little before you use them ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline junep

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:53:29 PM »
Actually there is a pretty old grape vine here, plus the two new ones I planted this year. I have no idea what kind of grape the old one is; but I would guess, since this cottage is 100 years old that it may be a concord.
There were some grapes on there last month, but either the rats or birds must have eaten them because I can't find any now unless there are others hidden between teh foliage. It's on an old trellis that is shares with an out of control trumpet vine. Can I use some of the live parts of the grape vine, or do I have to age prunings?
I did find a bag of Apple chips, under the back porch where I store some garden things, so I can check that off my hardware store shopping list.

Offline junep

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »
You must have read my mind. I believe I have to prune them in the winter so I will save the material. Now I just have to figure out which part of what's on that trellis is grape and which part if trumpet vine!

Just let them dry out a little before you use them ;) ;)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »
Those grape vines will give that chicken a great flavor  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline junep

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 11:40:19 AM »

I will be eager to try that next year after the winter pruning.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »

I don't know about cooking but the Grapes give me a good flavor ;) ;) ;)

As far as the big easy I keep my unit in the garage
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill