Author Topic: Got a new to me truck  (Read 3797 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Got a new to me truck
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 01:55:01 AM »
Nice truck Mike! And a great swap!
Towards the end of last year I finally got a new truck. A 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD. The truck it replaced was a 2004 Tacoma that i put 239,000 miles on. Sold it to a kid near town here and he is happy as can be with it. Not counting tires i think i spent $480.00 in repairs in 12 years!  Hoping the Toyota tradition carries on.

Wanted a Tacoma but they hold their value so good most that caught my eye I would have ended up with some sort of payment :'(

And I needed a crew cab cause of my kids so that made it tougher.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 04:47:35 AM »
Nice truck I want a pickup truck, you know a beater to make trips to HD and landscape supply stores easier (to fit my too many impulse buys). 

I love my Subaru Outback, and I think it is one vehicle I will continue to get as long as they keep making them awesome.  Need and love the AWD plus they are pretty economically priced for the features that I want, very few add-ons required. But like you said paid for is the best part, in the words of Randy Moss "straight cash homie!"
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 11:48:17 AM »
Nice truck I want a pickup truck, you know a beater to make trips to HD and landscape supply stores easier (to fit my too many impulse buys). 

I love my Subaru Outback, and I think it is one vehicle I will continue to get as long as they keep making them awesome.  Need and love the AWD plus they are pretty economically priced for the features that I want, very few add-ons required. But like you said paid for is the best part, in the words of Randy Moss "straight cash homie!"

I think Sunbaru is the best value in cars today I am over six foot five & can fit in my wifes forester,,,,,,I could not fit in any Dodge not even their trucks
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Roget

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 12:16:03 PM »
Good looking truck.
That would look better in my driveway. :P :P
My old Chevy dually has seen it's best days, but it still does the job when needed.
And as you say, the best part is no payment due.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »

I think Sunbaru is the best value in cars today I am over six foot five & can fit in my wifes forester,,,,,,I could not fit in any Dodge not even their trucks

I agree, but I am partly bias as my mom works for Subaru of America.  When she retires, I think I will still be a proud Subaru owner.  I am on Outback number 2, and overall 3rd Subaru (Legacy was my first Subaru). Excited for my wife to get her first Subaru, a Forester (or Crosstrek) next summer, whichever we get the better deal on.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 04:56:50 PM »
Looks good to me Mike!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline RAD

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 06:39:41 PM »
Nice trade. I have a 2006 Tundra that is fully paid for and hitting 100K miles, hope to put another 100K plus miles on it. Nice not having a payment rocks.
Love to cook and eat

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »
Mike, I bet that you look good driving that pickemup truck around. Congrats.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 10:20:47 PM »
Nice truck!

Nothing like paid for too.  I still drive my 2002 GMC Sierra that I bought new in 2002.  Yes, I would love to have a newer model, but if you take care of a vehicle, they last.  Been paid for for about 11 years and nothing broken, so I just remember what it was like making those $500 payments and then smile & just keep on driving my 02 model.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 11:32:32 PM »
Makes you feel real good to have things paid off, congrats ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.