Author Topic: Superstitions.....do y'all have any?  (Read 389 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Superstitions.....do y'all have any?
« Reply #-1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »
I am normally not a superstitious person but sometimes I know it's human nature to associate something that you've done with having a positive outcome on something else. For me, lately, it's been cooking on the KBQ coincides with the Falcons winning, lol.

I know we most likely don't have many Falcons fans here, me and my wife may be the only ones, lol. The first game of the year which was also our home opener, we lost to the Bucs. I didn't expect that but you know what they say...."Any Given Sunday". I took my lumps and moved on, same old Falcons! That day I had over 8 guests to watch the game in the basement and we didn't cook a single thing on the KBQ. We did a "Nacho Bar" thing.

The following weekend and every week since, we've cooked on the KBQ and the Falcons won! So.....until they lose again I'll be finding things to cook on the KBQ (or until I get tired of eating smoked foods)

Do any of you have any game day rituals or superstitions in general?
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Superstitions.....do y'all have any?
« on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »
yeah I like to watch the Jets play on my lucky TV........problem is I can't find one ??? ??? ??? ???
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:30:36 PM »
When I played hockey, I wouldn't shave before a big game, I would always scratch the ice (I was a goalie) in a certain way, I would slap the post of the net in a pattern and most of all I needed a few mins to reflect on my job in the net not what the others were doing

If I didnt get the time to do these thing I always felt something was not right and most of the time I was right.

As far as normal life and cooking I don't believe I have any.         

As a Lions fan, I'm use to them getting their head handed to them on a platter and nothing as far as superstitions will solve that :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
  Brings a story to mind.
 A good friend of mine is a veterinarian. He has 4 or 5 ladies that work in his office. After a trip to New Orleans someone brought back a voodoo doll and a hat pin in a cigar box. The doll was made out of some type of dried vine with no particular gender.   
 Two of the girls were having some drama one day. One of the girls jokingly said I'll fix that B***** and picked up the doll and poked it in the side with the pin.  Within an hour the other girl was in the hospital with her appendix about to burst....
 Now, that doll and pin is taped in the box and locked in the safe! He didn't know how to dispose of that thing so he did the best he could think of...

I don't really have any superstitions but I have a policy not to mess with other people's beliefs and superstitions.  Just better not to mess with the voodoo....
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »
Not always but sometimes I develop them.  For the Penguins latest cup run, I wore my Steelers shorts, Roberto Clemente tshirt jersey, and my Malkin "sweater"  every playoff game.  Pittsburgh Trifecta, as I called it.  I did wash them between series.  I shaved every game day too, if I forgot or didn't they lost.  I know it had zero effect me being in the Philly Suburbs, and them playing either in Pitt or somewhere else, but in my eyes it helped. 
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759