Author Topic: SunTerra Offset Smokers  (Read 1667 times)

Offline hikerman

SunTerra Offset Smokers
« Reply #-1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this line of offset pits? SunTerra is in partnership with the BBQ Pitboys on their lines of Santa Marias, Argentine, Smokers, and wood-burning ovens. But can't find much info other than from manufacturer.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: SunTerra Offset Smokers
« on: October 29, 2016, 07:41:58 PM »
I have talked to the owner before. They are not 1/4 inch but around 11 gauge. They are a major step up from home improvement offsets. They are made in Mexico but the offices are based in Texas. The freight on these units to residential with lift gate are hundreds of dollars.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 07:55:29 PM »
Thanks Smoke. I find it odd that there's not any reviews considering how popular the Pit Boys are.

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 10:40:04 PM »
Very interesting and I do like the idea of a wood fired oven.

Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 06:03:20 AM »
Ooooohhhhh!!! Now that's purty!! I would LOVE a Santa Maria grill and when I move, I'm getting one some how, some way ;) I told my Wife that all we really need to complete the arsenal of cookery (in my mind that is) is a Santa Maria and an outdoor deep fryer. We bought a Turkey Fryer at Academy yesterday but that's not what I have in mind. Caj has one of the ones I am talking about.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »
Ooooohhhhh!!! Now that's purty!! I would LOVE a Santa Maria grill and when I move, I'm getting one some how, some way ;) I told my Wife that all we really need to complete the arsenal of cookery (in my mind that is) is a Santa Maria and an outdoor deep fryer. We bought a Turkey Fryer at Academy yesterday but that's not what I have in mind. Caj has one of the ones I am talking about.

In the old days many people had the belief that if they kept adding on to their house they would keep on living. I think many on this forum have the same belief but with cookers instead of new rooms in their homes.

RG you must be a Cubs fan because you must want to be around in 100 years when they finally win one ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill