Author Topic: Rec tec mini 300  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Trouble427

• "Grill'in and "chill'in
Rec tec mini 300
« Reply #-1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:36:18 PM »
Have question,,anyone ever smoked or grilled a ham on the rec tec ,,,was just looking for any other ideas other than my own,,thanks and everyone enjoy your holidays and be safe ,,,thanks alot

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Rec tec mini 300
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:44:26 PM »
I know we have several Rec Tec Mini owners, so you will get some responses...

But, I find that most pellet grills behave pretty similarly, and that helps us. Because if you see a recipe for something, regardless of brand they use - it should work well for you. We have a lot of good recipes int he Recipes Sections. Many great cooks here - and you can count on a recipe being pretty good if they took the time to post it here on LTBBQ.

And - if you have not had a chance to do so yet - mosey over to the New Members thread in the General Discussions Section, and post an introduction, so everyone can welcome you right and proper - make you feel at home.
Welcome!
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Rec tec mini 300
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:55:47 PM »
Have question,,anyone ever smoked or grilled a ham on the rec tec ,,,was just looking for any other ideas other than my own,,thanks and everyone enjoy your holidays and be safe ,,,thanks alot

Ok, have the Rec Tec Mini for about 9 months have never tried smoked or grilled ham on the mini. But it's on the list. :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline rwalters

Rec tec mini 300
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 12:03:35 AM »

Ok, have the Rec Tec Mini for about 9 months have never tried smoked or grilled ham on the mini. But it's on the list. :)
Once you try it, oven cooked hams will never be the same. This is one I really enjoy. Although it is cooked on a Big Green Egg in the recipe, I've done it on my pellet pooper with outstanding results. Theres something special about pure maple syrup being drizzled in between the slices of a spiral sliced ham :-)
http://www.texansmokingbbq.com/2012/01/30/the-double-smoked-ham-on-the-big-green-egg/

MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)