Author Topic: Tapatalk won't leave me alone!  (Read 2202 times)

Offline tomcrete1

Tapatalk won't leave me alone!
« Reply #-1 on: July 03, 2017, 09:49:15 PM »
Every time in the past 3 days when I log in or attempt to do anything here I get the "tapatalk has an app for IPad" with an ok or cancel regardless of what I do it still happens. I have deleted the app and shut off the the IPad. And it still happens! I've downloaded the app again and once again it still happens. Any ideas ?   :(
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Tapatalk won't leave me alone!
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »
I get the same thing.  I don't know what can be done  :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »
Because some of the membership here insists that Tapatalk made life easier for them...we installed it on the forum. ....I DO NOT use Tapatalk. Frankly - it is another piece of software that I do not need, or want on my phone or tablet. And - we constantly receive questions form forum members asking why they can't reach the forum via Tapatalk.

Here is the truth folks: Tapatalk makes software updates, just like every other 3rd party software provider for your phone or handheld device. Check those first.
And - Tapatalk's updates often make it not work well with the forum software. ( No, we will not be changing forum software for the sake of Tapatalk. That would be analogous to chasing our tail... and our tail being on fire at the time...:D ) The forum software we use is THE most widely used ( one could say "successful") in the world.
So, if you are frustrated with Tapatalk - we can disable it on LTBBQ. And that would be fine with me. Again, you can view and use LTBBQ with NO additional software.
Again, just my opinion...but I have always found that the promise of "convenience" that any extra layers of software between you and the target website is a genuine P.I.A. - especially when the software is being continuously tweaked. It just causes compatibility issues.

SO - I am asking for there to be enough feedback to tell us whether to keep or junk Tapatalk on LTBBQ.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »
Because some of the membership here insists that Tapatalk made life easier for them...we installed it on the forum. ....I DO NOT use Tapatalk. Frankly - it is another piece of software that I do not need, or want on my phone or tablet. And - we constantly receive questions form forum members asking why they can't reach the forum via Tapatalk.

Here is the truth folks: Tapatalk makes software updates, just like every other 3rd party software provider for your phone or handheld device. Check those first.
And - Tapatalk's updates often make it not work well with the forum software. ( No, we will not be changing forum software for the sake of Tapatalk. That would be analogous to chasing our tail... and our tail being on fire at the time...:D ) The forum software we use is THE most widely used ( one could say "successful") in the world.
So, if you are frustrated with Tapatalk - we can disable it on LTBBQ. And that would be fine with me. Again, you can view and use LTBBQ with NO additional software.
Again, just my opinion...but I have always found that the promise of "convenience" that any extra layers of software between you and the target website is a genuine P.I.A. - especially when the software is being continuously tweaked. It just causes compatibility issues.

SO - I am asking for there to be enough feedback to tell us whether to keep or junk Tapatalk on LTBBQ.

Sorry Tim, I've only used it because it was an easy way to post pics, but if this is the new norm for tap a talk then I would say take it off. What I don't under stand is that I've deleted the app from my I Pad and it keeps on happening. This type of anoyance in my opinion would keep people from posting and would likely deter a new viewers from joining. Maybe someone else has advice or an opinion on this.  Thanks and Happy 4th! God Bless America!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »
I use to have the same problem with my iPad and my Samsung. I clicked NO when it came up and I haven't been bothered with the popup since. I just tried to get it to popup on both and it wouldn't do it. So maybe it is tapatalk that has the problem.  I made sure to reboot both of my devices before I tried to log on.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 11:12:39 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Tom.....hope you have had a great 4th!

Mike- do you think a poll would help us decide about Tapatalk staying or going as a feature on LTBBQ?
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 11:56:18 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Tom.....hope you have had a great 4th!

Mike- do you think a poll would help us decide about Tapatalk staying or going as a feature on LTBBQ?
I'll leave you and haunt you in your dreams :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »
Pappy -WHY is it important...when we have compatibility problems caused by Tapatlk, and not our forum software? I am trying to understand the value of it - or the lack of value in order to determine whether or not we keep it.

Not anti Tapatalk per se...but I am anti "extra layers" of software that interfere more than they benefit us.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:24:46 AM »
I use to have the same problem with my iPad and my Samsung. I clicked NO when it came up and I haven't been bothered with the popup since. I just tried to get it to popup on both and it wouldn't do it. So maybe it is tapatalk that has the problem.  I made sure to reboot both of my devices before I tried to log on.

Mike, I don't get the option to click "no" all I get is "cancel" and " ok" and no matter what I do I still get it after every time I click on something I've tried deleting the app shutting down and rebooting and it still shows up.  Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline RAD

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
I rarely use Tapatalk because it is always flaky and sometimes it doesn't post my replies. My vote would to let it go.
Love to cook and eat

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
I tried to use tapatalk, but reminded me of Photobucket never worked as advertised  >:( >:( >:(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »
Pappy -WHY is it important...when we have compatibility problems caused by Tapatlk, and not our forum software? I am trying to understand the value of it - or the lack of value in order to determine whether or not we keep it.

Not anti Tapatalk per se...but I am anti "extra layers" of software that interfere more than they benefit us.
Just habit. It's the only thing I have ever used on the forum. Did I mention I hate change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 08:48:09 PM »
Still is happening, very frustrating, I've deleted the app and restarted the I Pad and it still is happening. Looking for some help..... Anybody?
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline DWard51

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 09:58:06 PM »
I tried to use tapatalk, but reminded me of Photobucket never worked as advertised  >:( >:( >:(

Not to mention Photobucket is now ransomware ($399 a year if you want to be able to use the IMG function in forums).  A lot of people are really ticked off at them about that (and not paying either)

Offline Roget

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 07:46:37 AM »

Same here.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner