Author Topic: Let them eat cake!  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Let them eat cake!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »
Y'all want a good cake have Pam make her mayo cake it's out of this world!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Although I can't eat due to my new eating plan (which I'm down 48 pounds)  but boy it's gooooooood!
sorry Tommy don't wanna crush you but that was Donna's Mayo cake and it is good..just had one last weekend..both of us girls are bakers..but I do donuts too. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Let them eat cake!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 05:55:31 PM »
I bet I could make that cake...I have made 5 layers..hmmmmm might be fun to try. I'm gonna need tasters tho.. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

You got one here Pam ;) ;) ;)
looking at that cake..they are small layers with the bottom layer is ganache or dark chocolate..then 2 layers of the mocha, a layer of white chocolate then 2 more layers of the mocha and a layer of ganache over all. Looks like chocolate sprinkles around the sides of the cake and frosting stuff on top with chocolate curls in the center and twizzlers on top too..am I close?   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

From the City Cafe diner website:

Seven Sins Cake

Seven different types of chocolate make up this delicate and pleasing layer cake. Each layer is uniquely flavored, starting with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, chocolate fudge, dark chocolate mousse, and white chocolate mousse. This beautiful cake is iced with mousse and garnished with chocolate decor tiffs, dark chocolate shavings and a mix of white and dark chocolate pirouettes.

That's all they tell you. But if you google it you will find lots of recipes for similar cakes.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles