Author Topic: Videos and such  (Read 856 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Videos and such
« Reply #-1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »
Well ladies and gents, I have ordered another "better" camera to put on my wife's scooter. I have been using the Sony FDR-X3000 on my bike and have been pretty happy with it. I had complained about the quality of the videos post production but have that sorted out now for the most part. I ordered a GoPro 6 for her so now I can make more in-depth videos with different shots so I am pretty psyched about that. Warm weather is coming to stay so I should be more active whether it's making BBQ type videos or Ride & Review stuff.

I am making a trip to the Windy City soon so maybe I can video some of the stuff we do there as well.

Stay tuned!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Agustine

Re: Videos and such
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »
I know you said you already purchased a new camera but this camera ranks up there and puts any GoPro camera to shame.  ;)

http://www.gitup.com/cameras/78-gitup-f1-4k-wifi-action-camera.html

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:15:50 PM »
I know you said you already purchased a new camera but this camera ranks up there and puts any GoPro camera to shame.  ;)

http://www.gitup.com/cameras/78-gitup-f1-4k-wifi-action-camera.html

I'll look into it, I could always use another camera, lol!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:17:46 PM »
Alrighty Agustine. I've done some research and I have to respectfully disagree with you on putting any GoPro to shame. It does have a nice picture for the price but I am not a huge fan of the picture when there is medium to high speed movement. I think it would be a good camera for drones, which is what it seems to primarily geared for. It might make a decent helmet cam though. One never knows, I may yet pick one up. Do you have any videos made with yours I could look at?

Offline Agustine

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:35:47 PM »
I only have the Git2 action cam with the 90 degree lens. Knockoff of the GoPro 3\4. The Gitup cameras are very well supported with firmware updates when needed and CS is excellent. The F1 has just come out and I am sure there is room for improvement but for the price it is hard to beat.
There is a lot of good info on the RCGroup forum also.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2929991-GitUp-F1-%2A%2A%2Aowners-thread%2A%2A%2A

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 07:38:55 AM »
I only have the Git2 action cam with the 90 degree lens. Knockoff of the GoPro 3\4. The Gitup cameras are very well supported with firmware updates when needed and CS is excellent. The F1 has just come out and I am sure there is room for improvement but for the price it is hard to beat.
There is a lot of good info on the RCGroup forum also.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2929991-GitUp-F1-%2A%2A%2Aowners-thread%2A%2A%2A

I may get one to tinker with. I really wish it had EIS (electronic image stabilization) in 4k though. I wonder if it could be side mounted on a helmet, not sure if there is a way to change a setting to allow that so the video is rotated correctly. I guess it could be done post production but I'd have to learn how to do such.

Offline Agustine

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
Ya I was looking through the manual and did not see anything on rotation.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/6052372436/original/GitUp%20F1%20User%20Manual.pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6DA%2F20180322%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20180322T123005Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=3e3160c2cd7bfce73423101e836dd3f5d6b01162a68eea4286e5674f771346a3&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=Host&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf

It is pretty easy to do in post with Adobe Premiere Pro CC as I have to sometimes do it with my aerial videos for tilted horizon to get them straight. Lots of good videos on youtube on how this is done. Once you do one it is a piece of cake.

The other option for a cheaper action cam is the GitUp G3 Duo which supports a added camera. It is not 4K but has a pretty good video resolution and lots of options.

GITUP G3 DUO FOV 90° NO DISTORTION ACTION CAMERA(PRO PACKING)
$129.99
2 Inches Touch Screen, Angle of View: 90°

1200mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery

Built-in Microphone, Support External Mono Microphone

Support WiFi, Gyro, G-sensor, Motion detection

Support Bluetooth Wrist Remote Control (Optional)

Support External GPS Module (Optional)

Easy to Use Side Open Skeleton Case (Optional)

Slave Camera for GitUp G3 Duo (Optional)

Offline RG

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »
I saw the G3 Duo in my research and I like the idea of it but I really want to have the ability to shoot in 4K if the mood strikes me. As for Adobe Premiere Pro CC, I've attempted to use it but it's a little overwhelming and the subscription, to me, is insane. What happened to the days of just buying software and it was yours? I am wondering when Apple and MS are going to start charging a subscription for the use of their operating systems?!?!

Offline Agustine

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 01:56:23 PM »
I saw the G3 Duo in my research and I like the idea of it but I really want to have the ability to shoot in 4K if the mood strikes me. As for Adobe Premiere Pro CC, I've attempted to use it but it's a little overwhelming and the subscription, to me, is insane. What happened to the days of just buying software and it was yours? I am wondering when Apple and MS are going to start charging a subscription for the use of their operating systems?!?!

LOL
Ah yes forgot people still pay for such programs  ;)