Author Topic: Ankle Surgery Update  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Dave R.

Re: Ankle Surgery Update
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
This ankle surgery thing is serious stuff. Having helped my wife heal from a nasty ankle break last memorial weekend can relate to the efforts needed by someone during the healing process. We wish you as speedy of a recovery as possible. Not sure if the photo comes through but if it does it is to demonstrate the amount of hardware my wife is now the proud owner of. I hope yours was less stressful than hers was.
MAK #3591

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42:56 AM »
This ankle surgery thing is serious stuff. Having helped my wife heal from a nasty ankle break last memorial weekend can relate to the efforts needed by someone during the healing process. We wish you as speedy of a recovery as possible. Not sure if the photo comes through but if it does it is to demonstrate the amount of hardware my wife is now the proud owner of. I hope yours was less stressful than hers was.

Not sure why I didn't mention it until I saw this picture, but I shattered my ankle 18 years ago falling off of a roof.  I don't think about it much now, but one operation followed by 8 weeks in a full leg cast and eventually another surgery to remove the hardware has brought it all back.  The part I remember most is that my wife went into labor prematurely (eight weeks early) six days after my accident.  All of us made it through the ordeal and are healthy now.  I guess that is the part to focus on.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
Glad you on the mend Art!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Hub

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 07:17:28 AM »
Your attitude sounds good even with all the inconvenience and hoo-hah.  Keep it up.  Be a rehab star  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline UWFSAE