Author Topic: Father's Day Burger  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Father's Day Burger
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »
Winner, Winner, Awesome Burger Dinner! :thumbup:

X2 ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »
Well fellas, she came in 2nd, not bad! There was some really good burgers she said so she's happy to have finished so high.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 10:12:28 PM »
tell Steph congrats.
She always finishes in the top two, unless I have an entry, then she finishes in the top ONE!!  LOL   >:( >:( :(
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »
Great news RG but did they count  our votes?  Ask for a re-count :D :D :D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 06:46:21 AM »
Dang... I'd love to sink my teeth into that!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
tell Steph congrats.
She always finishes in the top two, unless I have an entry, then she finishes in the top ONE!!  LOL   >:( >:( :(

LOL! I guess this was a "Throwdown" like the good old days :) It's been a while since she's done one of those, she won a few of them, 4-5 I think.

Funny you should mention that, on another forum that Bob and I used to play a bigger role in, they had monthly "Throwdowns" as I mentioned above and one user on there went out to other forums and told his buddies to create accounts and vote for his entry, lol.

He got busted eventually, and stripped of his "titles", some of the posts he made were insulting (on the other forums), calling people names and trashing their entries. It was a BAD look. It's crazy how people get so caught up in such minor things, so much that you have to cheat to get a custom title by your avatar. Silliness.

Don't get me wrong, the throwdowns were A LOT of fun, I really enjoyed seeing what the other users would come up with and it made us all expand our cooking to another level to try and compete. I had mentioned it to Tee at one point when I first came here but he sees it as being competitive and not good for the forum as it can seemingly make the non winners feel some kind of way I guess. I think that's a shame but it is what it is. I can respect his choice but have wondered what the users of this forum think, I know what the boss thinks ;) :P

I'll quit while I'm ahead, he probably already thinks I'm a troublemaker  ;D ;D
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
tell Steph congrats.

LOL! I guess this was a "Throwdown" like the good old days :) It's been a while since she's done one of those, she won a few of them, 4-5 I think.

Funny you should mention that, on another forum that Bob and I used to play a bigger role in, they had monthly "Throwdowns" as I mentioned above and one user on there went out to other forums and told his buddies to create accounts and vote for his entry, lol.

He got busted eventually, and stripped of his "titles", some of the posts he made were insulting (on the other forums), calling people names and trashing their entries. It was a BAD look. It's crazy how people get so caught up in such minor things, so much that you have to cheat to get a custom title by your avatar. Silliness.

Don't get me wrong, the throwdowns were A LOT of fun, I really enjoyed seeing what the other users would come up with and it made us all expand our cooking to another level to try and compete. I had mentioned it to Tee at one point when I first came here but he sees it as being competitive and not good for the forum as it can seemingly make the non winners feel some kind of way I guess. I think that's a shame but it is what it is. I can respect his choice but have wondered what the users of this forum think, I know what the boss thinks ;) :P

I'll quit while I'm ahead, he probably already thinks I'm a troublemaker  ;D ;D

Hey I can boil water with the best of them........

We would do it with our kids at one time for dessert  lol...always a tie
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill