Author Topic: My Daughter's Boyfriend......UGH!  (Read 2096 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: My Daughter's Boyfriend......UGH!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »
My son has had two girlfriends.  Both vegans and crazy.  My daughter brought some guy over.  Told me in front of him to be nice.  Ok....  I leaned into him close and told him if anything, I mean anything happens to my daughter that I was coming after him.  I also stated that I have no problem going back to jail.  He understood and had her back before midnight.  She said she didn't even get a kiss.  Lol.  I wonder why.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline stalag

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »
I am an old coot now, never having married and never had the chance to have a girl (autism works that way) but I am wicked smart as Tenthunter can attest to and I would treat her (your daughter) right.   But at this point I won't try to rob the cradle.  Tell her though to stick to her guns and insist before any intimacy that she has his ring on her finger.  It seems to be a sad commentary on society today that the idea for the guy to sample the milk (sex) without paying for the cow (marriage) is all too common.  She needs to probe and learn to test his core values and push him on commitment.  The best marriages are covenant relationships and do not rely on emotion to try to tie it together.  Emotions come and go, but sticking through the hard times, when you don't feel like it and treating your husband or wife with respect, kindness, gentleness, mercy, and grace are always in front of you.

Hope this helps her.  But it sucks getting such a cad......
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline stalag

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »
My son has had two girlfriends.  Both vegans and crazy.  My daughter brought some guy over.  Told me in front of him to be nice.  Ok....  I leaned into him close and told him if anything, I mean anything happens to my daughter that I was coming after him.  I also stated that I have no problem going back to jail.  He understood and had her back before midnight.  She said she didn't even get a kiss.  Lol.  I wonder why.
I did the same to my sister......and she is still not happy about that!
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline Pappymn

My Daughter's Boyfriend......UGH!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 11:33:06 PM »
I would expect nothing less from the man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »
I'll try not to get in trouble here...   If he doesnt marry her it will be easier for her to walk away once she sees the real him.
  My daughter had one that I really had issues with. But she came around and is now married to a guy I really like and who cares for her properly.     
  So I guess what I wanted to say is , There is hope and your daughter was raised right so she will come around. 

Terry..I advise all my getting married freinds and their kids to really pi$$ the boyfriends off..just to see how they are gonna handle it..that should stop a lot of problems..worked for me.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 08:35:13 AM »
I would expect nothing less from the man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only embellishment I would suggest, is -after telling the boyfriend of your intent to protect your daughter.... have a place way out in the back yard where you place 3 or 4 simple "markers"....walk him slowly out there - look toward them , pause...then slowly turn your gaze on him. Then slowly - crack a very faint smile...maybe.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
My son went to pick up his date for a dance, the father was cleaning his guns ( I guess to scare him  :D )

He asked "You gonna be good tonight" ,  my son said yes sir!    Then Justin said  OBTW, your not cleaning that barrel correctly let me show you how!  :D :D :D

He just laughed and said I know your dad and I know you will  ;) 

He was my Gen manager at the dealer I worked at :D :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 12:19:55 PM »
My brother in law didn't believe in marriage, one day we got a phone call and he told us her proposed, and they have been married for a little over  year.  He was as anti marriage I thought one could be, and his now wife knew it, one day something happened and it changed his mind.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 01:49:09 PM »
The only embellishment I would suggest, is -after telling the boyfriend of your intent to protect your daughter.... have a place way out in the back yard where you place 3 or 4 simple "markers"....walk him slowly out there - look toward them , pause...then slowly turn your gaze on him. Then slowly - crack a very faint smile...maybe.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »
My brother in law didn't believe in marriage, one day we got a phone call and he told us her proposed, and they have been married for a little over  year.  He was as anti marriage I thought one could be, and his now wife knew it, one day something happened and it changed his mind.

Inherently..most "men" are anti-marriage....until the woman decides to leave because the relationships is going nowhere.....I know this to be true... :-X ::) 8)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »
My younger daughter has only dated one guy.  She started when she sixteen, and I was waaaaay worried because he was 20 at the time.  Now she's in her early 30's and they've just celebrated their 10th anniversary.  My older daughter (their 13 months apart) dated a few different guys and settled on her husband, also of 10 years.  (That was a verrry expensive year for deal old dad ! ! !)

I was a little lucky.  One thing that i did was not get in the way of my baby (she was 16) dating a 20 year old because I knew it would only drive them closer and us apart.  Like Sparky, I did make my feelings clear with him.  We are great friends and really look forward to the times that we get to spend together.

One thing to be cautious of is jumping on the bandwagon to trash the guy when they breakup the first time.  You never know whether or not she'll take him back, and then you'll be eating those words.

The most important thing is that if you raised her right (which I'm sure you did) she will eventually make good decisions. 

BD
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:48:12 PM by Big Dawg »
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RG

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »
Very well said, all of you, especially Big Dawg! I have simmered down and will just chill on it all. If she's truly happy then I must find a way to keep that the status quo. It won't be easy but I just have to be patient and keep doing what I've done up to this point with her which is keep my mouth shut :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 11:24:35 AM »
Bring him to MA. & tell the people he is a male witch ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
Bring him to MA. & tell the people he is a male witch ;) ;)

LOL, now THAT's funny :P

Just to pick on him a little, here's a youtube video of him when he was in a drama class in high school. Picture him bearded with unruly hair that he is just shy of making into a man bun (it's a mini pony tail).

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »
O dear G_d in heaven.....PUH-LEASE tell us he is not going to attempt to feed and protect your daughter.....on THAT..."talent"... ::)

Look - I have a daughter, and she chose very well. I take no credit in that.  My son-in-law is responsible, common sense, solid family, great work ethic, etc. And I was STILL...."interferential". WHY? BECAUSE I AM HER FATHER. I need no other reason. I need NO excuses. And I WILL NEVER apologize for expressing concern. And - those that know me KNOW that I will not tolerate ill treatment of her. Yeah...I own a back hoe and part of a heavily wooded mountain....

Now: I will only express concern to her/them when I can see and feel in my gut the potential of danger, or a foolish decision. TRUST your gut. Your head will let you rationalize away action....and your heart will sell out to emotion... BUT your GUT will NEVER lie to you.

I can tell you that my gut has saved my life on a few occasions, head my head or heart would have talked me out of the action required.....
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401