Author Topic: Nashville in April  (Read 507 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Nashville in April
« Reply #-1 on: August 27, 2018, 04:43:57 AM »
My Nieces Husband is a writer for the Vancouver Canucks and he says if you ever want to go watch a hockey game there is no better place than Nashville. Now the hard part, when to go.. The Winnipeg Jets schedule doesn’t line up (My team) but the Canucks do (Wife’s team). Always better to go see your wife’s team if you ever want to go anywhere, lol

It started out with a small group but it is building steam and it’s down to a buddy and me to come up with options.
Besides the game, I’m really really hoping to get a seat beside Shaina Twain (seen her at a playoff game on tv last year)

The Opry would is high on the list, after that hitting all the places that the bands are playing.

OK, any suggestions on where to stay near music row, places to eat, BBQ and anything else?

Many Thanks in advance
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Nashville in April
« on: August 27, 2018, 03:32:20 PM »
Not sure where you are staying but down the hill a few blocks from the arena is the heart of Nashville's entertainment district. We usually stay at the Marriot Courtyard on 4th Av.,  Printer's Alley is in the alley behind it and is home to legendary music and dining. Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar is in the alley behind it.   You could spend a w week going to all the bars on Broadway or 2nd Avenue within 5 blocks and not see them all. Pay attention to the young performers during the day and afternoon, you will see some of them on the country charts and TV later. There was a very nice young lady who was tending bar for us at Tootsie's one afternoon and the band let her get up and sing. A couple of years later she had a number one song "Redneck Woman:.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline KyNola

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:05:27 AM »
Check out Martin's BBQ.  They have 2 locations in Nashville.  Also, Peg Leg Porker's in the Gulch area of Nashville. 

Hilton Nashville Downtown located at 121 4th Avenue South is directly across the street from Bridgestone Arena.  It is also one block off of Lower Broadway.  If most of your activities will be downtown, the Hilton is probably the most central location.

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:47 PM »

The Omni ($$$) and Hampton Inn & Suites are just a block from the Arena.  Both very nice.

I'm not a country music fan by any means, but the Country Music Hall of Fame/Museum was fascinating, as was the old Ryman Auditorium nearby.   The Parthenon was worth a visit, as well as a drive out to the Hermitage.  (Andrew Jackson's home)

And, as a St Louis Blues fan, I hope you get to witness a crushing defeat of the Preds on their home ice.    ;D ;D ;D