Author Topic: A Shout Out To ChefSteps  (Read 459 times)

Offline Dave R.

A Shout Out To ChefSteps
« Reply #-1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
I purchased our Joule in February of 2016. Used it often and really appreciated how well it worked. Then around mid 2017 it acted up a little but with customer support ChefSteps got it working as designed. Well a couple of week ago I could not get it to pare with my wifi router. Managed to get it to work bluetooth but wasn't pleased with that option. To make this narrative a little shorter I eventually went to their web site to see what they recommend users try to correct these occasional hick ups but to no avail. I then contacted ChefSteps with the problem. They decided my Joule was beyond repair and are sending me a new one at no cost. The kicker is I bought it from Amazon. Now I don't know how you see it but for a product to be used for roughly 34 months, purchased from a second party vendor and to replace it without question is pretty darn amazing to me. At the time of purchase I was a little concerned with having to rely on an app to operate it but in the end game ChefSteps stands behind their product and have earned a high level of respect from me. I know there are other manufacturers that stand behind their product but those numbers are far to few. Thank you ChefSteps.
MAK #3591

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: A Shout Out To ChefSteps
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:19:40 AM »
That is great customer service! They know how to keep customers happy!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline zueth

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:21:10 AM »
Thats great to hear, I am a happy owner as well.

Offline Pappymn

A Shout Out To ChefSteps
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
Great story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
I have a Joule also.  As for Amazon, I initially purchased mine on Amazon from a third party vendor.  Upon receiving it, it was clear that the Joule had already been opened and used.  I immediately packaged it back up and returned it, and then ordered directly from ChefSteps.  Been happy with it ever since.  I hope that if mine ever breaks, I get the same support you did.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 06:12:34 AM »
I have a Joule also.  As for Amazon, I initially purchased mine on Amazon from a third party vendor.  Upon receiving it, it was clear that the Joule had already been opened and used.  I immediately packaged it back up and returned it, and then ordered directly from ChefSteps.  Been happy with it ever since.  I hope that if mine ever breaks, I get the same support you did.

I hope you do too. Frankly I was a little surprised but so glad they are willing to back their product as they have. I suspect since you purchased directly from CS you'll get the royal treatment should an issue develop.
MAK #3591