Author Topic: YO Sparky  (Read 1014 times)

Offline rwalters

YO Sparky
« Reply #-1 on: December 26, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
Well?!?! Have you fired up the PK 360 yet? We wanna see some action shots and hear your thoughts!!!! (at least I do... lol).
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: YO Sparky
« on: December 28, 2018, 02:00:36 AM »
I've been working on our other house to sell it because we're are moving up to Washington.   Around Seattle area.  Sunday I should be cooking on the 360.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Pappymn

YO Sparky
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »
Huge move. Hope you enjoy your new home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 01:22:32 PM »
I've been working on our other house to sell it because we're are moving up to Washington.   Around Seattle area.  Sunday I should be cooking on the 360.

Have you selected the burg where you'll be settling yet?

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »

My wife like bothell area.  She will be working in redmond and  is trying to stay away from having to drive on the 405.  Microsoft and a lot of big names companies are located in redmond.  Everybody drives in on the 405.  7 lanes in one direction moving very slow.  We are selling a house here for a down payment up there.  That's why I'm working on fixing one up to sell.  Cutters, carpet, painting, base molding, trees trimming and dump runs.  It's pretty bad when the ladies at the dump and the Philly cheese steak place next to the dump know you by name.  Going over now to prime bedroom #2 then paint it this afternoon.  House are twice as much money up there has here in sacramento area.  Guess I have to route for the 49ers in quite in my house and Seahawks outside the house.  Lol....i am truly looked forward to it.  A new adventure in my life. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »

My wife like bothell area.  She will be working in redmond and  is trying to stay away from having to drive on the 405.  Microsoft and a lot of big names companies are located in redmond.  Everybody drives in on the 405.  7 lanes in one direction moving very slow.  We are selling a house here for a down payment up there.  That's why I'm working on fixing one up to sell.  Cutters, carpet, painting, base molding, trees trimming and dump runs.  It's pretty bad when the ladies at the dump and the Philly cheese steak place next to the dump know you by name.  Going over now to prime bedroom #2 then paint it this afternoon.  House are twice as much money up there has here in sacramento area.  Guess I have to route for the 49ers in quite in my house and Seahawks outside the house.  Lol....i am truly looked forward to it.  A new adventure in my life.

405 is nasty most hours of the day, especially since the money hungry gov't tolled two of the lanes. Actually traffic is nasty most everywhere in the Seattle area. The social engineers here don't like personal vehicles, only mass transit. I'm north of there in Lake Stevens(not that far away) and had to quit doing work in that area, or spend two hours on the road every day. You're right, house prices are high in this area. You have to get a ways out for more reasonable pricing, then you deal with traffic. Be prepared for a lot of rain during this time of year-and grey - lotsa grey. On the plus side ribs and try-tip are available here. 8)

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:16:05 PM »

405 is nasty most hours of the day, especially since the money hungry gov't tolled two of the lanes. Actually traffic is nasty most everywhere in the Seattle area. The social engineers here don't like personal vehicles, only mass transit. I'm north of there in Lake Stevens(not that far away) and had to quit doing work in that area, or spend two hours on the road every day. You're right, house prices are high in this area. You have to get a ways out for more reasonable pricing, then you deal with traffic. Be prepared for a lot of rain during this time of year-and grey - lotsa grey. On the plus side ribs and try-tip are available here. 8)

When does the rain taper off?. Lol.  Ribs and tri tip are everywhere.  Ya.....
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »

When does the rain taper off?. Lol.  Ribs and tri tip are everywhere.  Ya.....

Historically July 5th, although it's been warmer and dryer the last couple of years.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 02:06:58 PM »
If I remember correctly from another forum a gentleman that lived on lake Stevens.  Didn't you buy a Memphis pro and sail a lot?  You were in electronics or aviation job?
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 06:53:52 PM »
If I remember correctly from another forum a gentleman that lived on lake Stevens.  Didn't you buy a Memphis pro and sail a lot?  You were in electronics or aviation job?

I remember the guy you're talking about. We never did meet. Can't remember his name. Maybe he shipped off in his boat full time.

Offline RAD

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »

Going to hard to hide that 49ers tat  :) :) :) Good luck with the move and everything.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »

Going to hard to hide that 49ers tat  :) :) :) Good luck with the move and everything.

Oh, yeah. I remember the post with your new tat a ways back. Long sleeves. ;D

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »
Good luck, wife and I are doing the same thing, however still staying local (Philly burbs).  I new neighborhood to slowly let out that I'm a Steelers fan (wife bleeds iggles green)
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 03:40:16 PM »
I'll leave it at, I'm sure you're happy to be putting the Peoples' Republic of CA in your rear-view. 

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Pappymn

YO Sparky
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »
I'll leave it at, I'm sure you're happy to be putting the Peoples' Republic of CA in your rear-view. 

BD
The city of Seattle will give CA a run for it's money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109